OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning BPS 20 Gauge,22"  (Read 12860 times)

Offline slicksbeagles1

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Browning BPS 20 Gauge,22"
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 07:09:09 AM »
I was going to suggest keeping it original it would be worth more if you pass it down I don’t know but you might be able to find a camo fore end and stock for it and save the wood.

Offline Brwndg

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 11:59:55 AM »
Look into the Camo Skins. Mossy Oak has them and they take a little effort but work great and come off w/o residue. Definitely be ready for opening day

https://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/shotgun-wrap-mossy-oak-camo-gun-skin?keyword=&machtype=&device=c&adposition=&devicemodel=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjIDa_4XA6AIVCYeGCh2tQAgfEAQYAiABEgIJEvD_BwE
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 12:13:50 PM »
I have used the skins on at least a dozen guns the last 5-6 years.I don't want to go that route on this gun.I am going to hunt with it as is for this year and go from there.I am undecided at this time as whether I want it dipped or not.I like the "older" original look of this gun.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 01:00:41 PM »
A lot of the Micro Medallion BPS, 20's had really nice wood.  Don't dip the stock and forearm.  I've removed the polyurethane off of several Browning's, Benelli's, etc. and replaced w/ a matt finish, hand rubbed, urethane finish which will withstand the rigors of waterfowl hunting and looks great.  After turkey season, when you've got the time, properly done the matt finish requires @ two weeks of work and wait, PM me and I'll walk you through the process.  The matt finished wood w/ a blued, bead blasted, non-reflective finish on all the metal parts is extremely durable and looks really great.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 02:59:10 PM »
Thanks for the idea,however I would send it away to have any work done to it,the shop has all those finishes and such if I were to decide on that.I can't see myself worrying too much about value or even sentimental value for the future.It is just a hunting gun,I am just undecided if I want to have it camoed or not.I do like the idea of having it dipped in something I don't already have on another gun but I also like the idea of just buying a nice custom leather sling for it as well...again..thanks for the ideas.Good luck this spring, My season opens April 25th so I have lots of time to kill yet,great for scouting and patterning.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 02:47:19 PM »
I ended up purchasing another Bushnell trs 25 to mount on this gun.I like the other couple I have and for the price they seem to be hard to match,I left gun at gunsmiths and should have it back in a week or so.I am not in a real rush as I plan on taking it and patterning it in a few weeks.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »
Apparently, I have no luck as the trs 25 was sold out.It was on sale and must have sold the other one that said was in stock.I am going to just bite the bullet here and buy the vortex venom,It is pricey up here.The cheapest spot I can find it is $428.98 after taxes and shipping.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 05:57:00 PM »
I found it and purchased it with free shipping,CAD $428.27 for the vortex venom.I do hope I like it on this setup.I am also sending it away to have it dipped after the season and am going with "new" bottomland finish.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »
The vortex venom arrived yesterday,I just need the gun back from the gunsmith so I can install it and then dial it in and pattern it.I believe he is d&t later this week and hopefully I pick it up,I will be going on the 18th to pattern it.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 06:31:35 PM »
I am picking the gun up tomorrow and will get venom attached and this gun dialed in and patterned it this next few days.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2020, 11:24:12 AM »
I just got the venom mounted,I am heading Saturday to get this patterned and dialed in.I had him drill and tap it with both pieces of the marlin 336 base so If i wanted to mount a "scope" I can.I tried both pieces and I refer the venom mounted on the front mount towards bead on barrel,I just took other piece of base off and will put in two screws to fill..I can't wait to shoot this little gun and see what it does.

Offline cutt down

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 03:13:39 PM »
I have a kicks gobblin thunder choke tube for that gun if you're interested. Never been shot!

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 05:22:19 PM »
I have a kicks gobblin thunder choke tube for that gun if you're interested. Never been shot!
I love my gt choke in my 12 ga bps.I have over 20 toms killed with it.

What is the diameter and how much? send me a pm.I am in ontario and yes you can ship them.usps to me.I have bought about 40 chokes the last 5 years down there.Thanks.

Offline cutt down

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 06:39:27 PM »
I love my gt choke in my 12 ga bps.I have over 20 toms killed with it.

What is the diameter and how much? send me a pm.I am in ontario and yes you can ship them.usps to me.I have bought about 40 chokes the last 5 years down there.Thanks.

message sent

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2020, 12:30:44 PM »
The gun shoots poa and patterns amazing with the .555 IC with hevi #6 and tss #7 however that 428.00 vortex venom shoots 3" low as I am bottomed out on vertical adjustment.I need to aim at 3/4 top of toms head for it to hit at base of neck at 20 or 40 yards.I like it but that really pisses me off.I guess I will have to find a shim,I am not lowering myself to pieces of a tin can to do it though.I love the gun and if I can get the sight shimmed I will be happy with it.I didn't even have to adjust left-right on it,It was dead on with me just adjusting yesterday in house.

I didn't take pics or keep targets as I was busy with other things when we were patterning.