turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian Leak Issue

Started by Skyhawk, March 19, 2020, 06:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

One thing to remember with blow up decoys , is not to over inflate them, as the day heats up , so will the pressure in the decoy , that's why you really don't need to worry about them leaking that much. But i will agree for what they cost , they shouldn't leak unless you put few pellets in them ..

Sir-diealot

This is the reason I have not wanted to get a set of any of the inflatables. That and I am a klutz and am afraid I would puncture them on a branch.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

captpete

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 20, 2020, 07:49:50 AM
Bought this one last night, 1/2 strut Avian X. Dontind my wife's flowers in the background.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

He looks natural....just like he's walking through a field of wildflowers.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 20, 2020, 03:45:21 PM
This is the reason I have not wanted to get a set of any of the inflatables. That and I am a klutz and am afraid I would puncture them on a branch.
Most decoy's are pretty durable , and come with carry bag , so puncturing one on a branch doesn't necessarily happen that often. Your more likely to puncture yourself than decoy , you have paid 50 - 100 dollars or more for, it's all in how you treat your equipment and take care of it just like your gun, calls or yourself.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 20, 2020, 04:51:44 PM
Most decoy's are pretty durable , and come with carry bag , so puncturing one on a branch doesn't necessarily happen that often. Your more likely to puncture yourself than decoy , you have paid 50 - 100 dollars or more for, it's all in how you treat your equipment and take care of it just like your gun, calls or yourself.
I do agree, but my balance is not always the greatest, I have been known to fall, I have fallen half a dozen times or more this year and was not even on bad ground. It is part of the newest thing, Spinal stenosis. Hoping I do not have to go back to using a cane.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 20, 2020, 05:38:17 PM
I do agree, but my balance is not always the greatest, I have been known to fall, I have fallen half a dozen times or more this year and was not even on bad ground. It is part of the newest thing, Spinal stenosis. Hoping I do not have to go back to using a cane.
Well in that situation, you have got more to worry about than puncturing decoy's. We should never take our health for granted.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 20, 2020, 06:09:32 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 20, 2020, 05:38:17 PM
Well in that situation, you have got more to worry about than puncturing decoy's. We should never take our health for granted.
I will inbox you, don't want to cramp up his thread.

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

With all the problems with leaking they have I'd buy DSD's or at least something else. Sounds like it's not a matter of if they are going to leak,but when are they going to.
Especially if you have a flock..

a_jabbo

My buddy put an arrow through a gobbler and it went straight through my avian. I sealed the broadhead hole, and still had issues. Cut the decoy open and stuffed it with some cheap pillow stuffing from a fabric store. Sealed it back up and have been using it for years without the worry of a leak.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: a_jabbo on March 20, 2020, 11:26:15 PM
My buddy put an arrow through a gobbler and it went straight through my avian. I sealed the broadhead hole, and still had issues. Cut the decoy open and stuffed it with some cheap pillow stuffing from a fabric store. Sealed it back up and have been using it for years without the worry of a leak.

The plastic on the Avian is pretty tough and firm. I can see where stuffing one would work. Still my four do not leak. Had two for about 4 or 5 years and the other two for about 2 years.  I am not two worried about leaks plus I only paid about forty for mine after the season.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

tomstopper

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 20, 2020, 07:43:01 AM
Quote from: dzsmith on March 20, 2020, 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 19, 2020, 09:10:25 PM
Cant you use some of that green stuff they put in tires?
no unless you left it permanently inflated.

I leave mine, I have 4, inflated all year. Never seen a reason to let the air out. Maybe that is why I have never had a leak with my Avians.
:agreed:

dzsmith

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 20, 2020, 07:43:01 AM
Quote from: dzsmith on March 20, 2020, 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 19, 2020, 09:10:25 PM
Cant you use some of that green stuff they put in tires?
no unless you left it permanently inflated.

I leave mine, I have 4, inflated all year. Never seen a reason to let the air out. Maybe that is why I have never had a leak with my Avians.
if I was going to leave mine inflated I wouldn't have bought an avian x decoy.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

West Augusta

Quote from: Upfold99 on March 19, 2020, 07:21:22 PM
Ive had 2 that leaked. I called and they replaced both without hesitation.

I called them and they said to patch it with RTV Silicone. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.