turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian Leak Issue

Started by Skyhawk, March 19, 2020, 06:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyhawk

I've had several Avian decoys leak in the past. My last Avian is leaking now. Are the new 2020 versions holding air any better? I have DSD but also like Avians, especially the size. Any inputs on current models? Thanks!

rakkin6

I have experienced the same thing. My name was leaking from where the stake goes into the bottom and my lay down hen was also leaking from the bottom. Used some shoe glue and patched them up. Not sure about the newer models mine are two or three years old

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Upfold99

Ive had 2 that leaked. I called and they replaced both without hesitation.

Tom007

The only one that I ever saw leak was attacked and bit by a coyote..lol Happened last season. They are lifelike.....

rakkin6

I think I just messed my Jake up. Tried to do some touch-up painting it looks horrible lol. But it had almost no color left. Had to try something

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

dzsmith

They all leak....Personally I don't really worry about it. I only need the initial blow up to inflate the bird. they tend to stay in shape after that. Ive seen people cut them open before just so they could stretch them open and set them up. I initially tried to repair my leak , but it only lasted so long and it leaked again from the exact same spot.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

mtns2hunt

Cant you use some of that green stuff they put in tires?
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Mbhyman88

I've got one of their jakes and it leaked.  Rubbed some soapy water on it to find the leak like the tire guys do.  Then just used some shoe goo or aqua seal to fix it.

MK M GOBL

New ones are no better... at times they come out of the box and they leak. We have customers wanting to return them to the store all the time for this, (We have to have customers send back to company, it is a known issue with them and company has not fixed to date) I have seen the Shoe Goo and Aquaseal used, had a buddy fill his with house spray foam and another number of "fixes". Still don't see the "want" behind the Avians... Maybe the fix is the HDR if your a Avian fan.

MK M GOBL

dzsmith

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 19, 2020, 09:10:25 PM
no unless you left it permanently inflated.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

mtns2hunt

Quote from: dzsmith on March 20, 2020, 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 19, 2020, 09:10:25 PM
no unless you left it permanently inflated.

I leave mine, I have 4, inflated all year. Never seen a reason to let the air out. Maybe that is why I have never had a leak with my Avians.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

rakkin6

Bought this one last night, 1/2 strut Avian X. Dontind my wife's flowers in the background.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

2eagles

Quote from: dzsmith on March 19, 2020, 09:04:58 PM
They all leak....Personally I don't really worry about it. I only need the initial blow up to inflate the bird. they tend to stay in shape after that. Ive seen people cut them open before just so they could stretch them open and set them up. I initially tried to repair my leak , but it only lasted so long and it leaked again from the exact same spot.
I agree completely. I blow them up to hunt and if they leak, they still look good. I never have tried to fix a leak, I just don't care. I'm attracting turkeys with the decoy, not playing basketball.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 19, 2020, 10:40:26 PM
Maybe the fix is the HDR if your a Avian fan.
I believe this is the best "fix" for sure. The new HDR decoys I'm pretty impressed with so far, but haven't hunted them yet.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Tom007 on March 19, 2020, 07:29:07 PM
The only one that I ever saw leak was attacked and bit by a coyote..lol Happened last season. They are lifelike.....
Had a coyote attack my LCD half-strut jake last year in Nebraska late season. She got hammered with Longbeard 5s.