turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Miffed today

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 14, 2020, 03:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

May not have gotten the turkey this time, but you gained a great hunting story for a lifetime!

cwb04

I look at it this way - you got ALL the good outta of him (other then fried turkey nuggets) AND an added bonus.  He's still there to hunt again another day.

JeffC

Jody it's been couple of days, been waiting to hear what happened on 2nd day?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: JeffC on March 17, 2020, 08:02:47 PM
Judy it's been couple of days, been waiting to hear what happened on 2nd day?

Appreciate it but my name is Jody. I heard one bird gobble on the roost twice. Hunted until one and never struck a bird. Guy hunts on lease with me heard zero. Weather has been really wonky. Reports are same around me. One day they gobble ok and the next day or two they are tight lipped. We know that there are at least a dozen gobblers on our lease. Between him and I we heard them . He hunted a couple days with his son during youth week and had multiple birds on different days hammering. I dont think its quiet right yet but its getting there.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

trkehunr93

I had one coming almost 200 yards across a field a couple of seasons ago and just enjoyed the show as he strutted towards my dekes.  Rather than wait for him to get to 20-25 yards at the dekes, I decided to take the shot at 30-35 as he was walking and shot right over top of him, follow up shot as he was running and missed a second time.  watched him run to into the woods.  Just shook my head...

JeffC

Sorry Jody, autocorrect,  and I missed. Thanks for updating, trying to hunt thru you guys that are able to.  Still 30 days, 19 hours till I can get out, but who's counting.  Good luck stay safe.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: JeffC on March 18, 2020, 08:26:14 AM
Sorry Jody, autocorrect,  and I missed. Thanks for updating, trying to hunt thru you guys that are able to.  Still 30 days, 19 hours till I can get out, but who's counting.  Good luck stay safe.

Hope you have a great season. We feel the same way when our season is coming to a close and yours is just starting lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

GobbleNut

Quote from: eggshell on March 14, 2020, 04:44:41 PM
I had this very thing happen to me last year in Ky., but my gobbler flew up into a tree and sat there putting....no I didn't shoot him out of the tree! I set there hoping he'd come back down and gobble, but he flew off across the valley after several minutes.

I'm surprised this didn't draw some comments about the ethics (or laws) regarding this.  Rather than hijacking SnD's thread, I am going to start another one to get some opinions.