turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stretchy Hunting Pants

Started by GomerPyle, February 27, 2020, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GomerPyle

So, I recently bought some khakis from Target....Wrangler ATG pants (I think they're intended to be like lightweight hiking/leisure pants.)  They're 5-pocket, like a jean, but they're really lightweight, breathable and stretchy.  They're also not real baggy...not "skinny" by any means, but not baggy at all, which is a problem with a lot of hunting pants.  They are, far and away, the most comfortable pants I've ever worn.

Anyway, it got me to thinking, does anyone make any camo hunting pants like this?  If Wrangler would offer these in camo, they'd be the ultimate mid/late-season turkey hunting pants.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

HookedonHooks

Walmart had some stretchy mossy Oak camo cargo pants in their camo clearance at my local store. Got a pair to try this year. They look like they'll eitherbs  the most comfortable pants ever or possibly the worst idea ever if they don't breathe as intended.

SteelerFan

I also discovered the miracle of "flex fit" wrangler jeans & khakis (my wife says women have known about this for 10 yrs...lol). 2% spandex is awesome.

Flex fit camo would be great. I've worn a Cabela's pant with a flex waist that are very comfortable.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-PERFORMANCE-LIGHTWEIGHT-PANT/2811351.uts

GomerPyle

If anyone has experience with the Nomad Bloodtrail Pants, I'd like to hear about them, specifically...
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

nativeks

I wish duluth went back to making some hunting stuff. Their flex fit firehose pants are the stuff.

Sir-diealot

If I put on anything stretchy I would look like a hippo in pantyhose!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

aclawrence

Wrangler does make a woodland camo pants that are 88/12 nylon or close to that.  I killed two turkeys wearing them last year. I'm so frustrated with the pants options I've looked at.  My favorite pants are a Kuhl Renegades and Prana Zions. I would pay serious money for some bottomland renegades!  I haven't tried the ol Tom pants yet but they might be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 27, 2020, 06:24:18 PM
So your not willing to wear some camo leggings lol?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aclawrence on February 27, 2020, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 27, 2020, 06:24:18 PM
So your not willing to wear some camo leggings lol?

No, I'm afraid they will show that I am half Irish.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Dtrkyman

When its hot and i am not brush busting I wear Prana stretch Zion pant. I just bought them in olive drab and the turkeys don't seem to mind!

Most comfortable pants I own, I have 4 pairs that I wear casually. As I said they are not for brush busting!

Greg Massey

I just wish they would make underwear that would stay up on my BUTT...

Tennessee Lead

It's getting weird in here....

Caspar

Not cheap but First Lite Corrugate guide pants are awesome pants for turkey hunting. Light, durable, breatheable and 4 way stretch and the best camo pattern on the market. Ive had green briars poke through them on occasion but they didnt leave any tears or thread pulls.

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 27, 2020, 09:51:10 PM

Gentleman, we have officially run completely out of things to talk about. It's obvious we all have cabin fever with turkey season so close. We've gone from turkey subjects to talking about bait, reaping, spandex pants, camo leggings, and finally; underwear that won't ride down. Strange day indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Greg Massey

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 27, 2020, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 27, 2020, 09:51:10 PM

Gentleman, we have officially run completely out of things to talk about. It's obvious we all have cabin fever with turkey season so close. We've gone from turkey subjects to talking about bait, reaping, spandex pants, camo leggings, and finally; underwear that won't ride down. Strange day indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey it's everyday life for us turkey hunting ...I think all these cloths are made for little people ..lol..