OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stretchy Hunting Pants

Started by GomerPyle, February 27, 2020, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 27, 2020, 10:09:03 PM
Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 27, 2020, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 27, 2020, 09:51:10 PM
It's getting weird in here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gentleman, we have officially run completely out of things to talk about. It's obvious we all have cabin fever with turkey season so close. We've gone from turkey subjects to talking about bait, reaping, spandex pants, camo leggings, and finally; underwear that won't ride down. Strange day indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey it's everyday life for us turkey hunting ...I think all these cloths are made for little people ..lol..
I agree with that. I told my wife for years that the dryer was shrinking my pants and my drawers. Looking back now I think I blamed the wrong appliance. Pretty sure it was the refrigerator that shrunk them after all.

John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

buzzardroost

First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants. Kuiu Attack Pants. Just get a neutral color, the turkeys won't mind.

Greg Massey

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 27, 2020, 10:14:11 PM

Gentleman, we have officially run completely out of things to talk about. It's obvious we all have cabin fever with turkey season so close. We've gone from turkey subjects to talking about bait, reaping, spandex pants, camo leggings, and finally; underwear that won't ride down. Strange day indeed.

Hey it's everyday life for us turkey hunting ...I think all these cloths are made for little people ..lol..
I agree with that. I told my wife for years that the dryer was shrinking my pants and my drawers. Looking back now I think I blamed the wrong appliance. Pretty sure it was the refrigerator that shrunk them after all.

AMEN.. I so Agree

Caspar

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 27, 2020, 10:14:11 PM

I think your right on the money but i feel better about myself if i continue to blame the dryer

aaron

Just get the drab brown of the pants you found.  I've seen them.  The turkeys won't mind that they aren't camo

GomerPyle

My work here is done
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

blake_08

I ordered some bottomland pants from academy this year and they have a decent amount of stretch to them. They're the most stretchy pants I've ever owned but I usually try to avoid stretchy. I really like these though. They're called Magellan Hill country twill pants. If you have an academy close by check them out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tom007

I got some under armor pants last year. They are Forest camo, uninsulated. They are the Storm Model. Stretch material, smooth and water resistant. Best pants I found yet. If you do get wet, they dry quickly. Fit comfortably. Good luck....

Gobble!

Mossy Oak Cotton Mil 2.0 pants have 5% spandex in them. Thinking about ordering a pair as I got a pair of blue jeans with some spandex in them that I really like.

Anyone tried the Cotton Mil 2.0 pants?

aclawrence

I usually try to avoid pants with cotton. Once you get wet it's like walking  around in a wet towel.  The nomad blood trail look interesting but they're in the 50ish% cotton range.

GomerPyle

Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2020, 11:33:11 AM
Mossy Oak Cotton Mil 2.0 pants have 5% spandex in them. Thinking about ordering a pair as I got a pair of blue jeans with some spandex in them that I really like.

Anyone tried the Cotton Mil 2.0 pants?

I haven't tried those, but I tried some of their Tibbee pants and those were the most ill-fitting pants I ever tried on in my life.  They weren't even remotely accurately sized, based on their sizing chart, their inseams are intended for someone who is 6'17", and if you pull them up high enough where the crotch isn't sagging, the waistband would be well above your belly button.

That really soured me on their stuff

Happy

Guys, I am really trying to resist the urge to post a Nacho Libre stretchy pants meme. Your not helping much.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GomerPyle

Quote from: Happy on February 28, 2020, 12:12:16 PM
Guys, I am really trying to resist the urge to post a Nacho Libre stretchy pants meme. Your not helping much.

Happy

Quote from: GomerPyle on February 28, 2020, 12:33:18 PM
Quote from: Happy on February 28, 2020, 12:12:16 PM

There it is

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

howl

Carhartt makes some. The double front non-camo version are my favorite pants. They're regular fit and keep the briars off my legs, but are more comfortable than the old cotton duck.