OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20" Wild Native Rainbow Trout

Started by vaturkey, May 09, 2011, 08:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Was it big water?  Like big water as in running into a lake?

Either way awesome fish and I bet it was a haus on that 7 fter.

bbcoach

VATURKEY,
I'm jealous!!!  That is a beautiful fish.  A 20 incher, in your neck of the woods, is definitely something to BRAG about.  I know, because I've fished the South Fork of the Holston River from Sugar Grove to Chilhowie as a boy and it is the one thing that I miss since moving to Eastern NC.  Congratulations and KEEP AFTER EM!!!!!

vaturkey

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on May 10, 2011, 03:52:13 PM
Was it big water?  Like big water as in running into a lake?

anthonyjhallen

No its a small mountain stream with some pretty good pools in it. With all this rain we have had the water is in real good shape. Didnt expect a trout this big would be in there therefore I had no landing net with me. Didnt think I would land him with all the deadfalls & overhanging branches. Thanks for all the comments folks. Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: vaturkey on May 10, 2011, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: anthonyjhallen on May 10, 2011, 03:52:13 PM
Was it big water?  Like big water as in running into a lake?

anthonyjhallen

No its a small mountain stream with some pretty good pools in it. With all this rain we have had the water is in real good shape. Didnt expect a trout this big would be in there therefore I had no landing net with me. Didnt think I would land him with all the deadfalls & overhanging branches. Thanks for all the comments folks. Ricky   :newmascot:

Even better.  It must have been good clean water cause he has some nice color to him.  We are in the middle of out mayfly hatch here in MD and thats just the begining.

ncturkey

strutnva