News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20" Wild Native Rainbow Trout

Started by vaturkey, May 09, 2011, 08:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchip

WV Gobble Gobble

Sorry right off the bat for sounding like a dork but that is a wild stream bread fish that is absolutely gorgeous.  Nice work but the only native  trout we have around these parts is the brook trout.  Native fish are those that originated in a location such as the brook trout in the Appalachian mountains.  Rainbow trout originated in the pacific as a sea run species typical to a salmon.  Anyway great fish something to be very proud of!!!!   :happy0064: :you_rock:

bowhunter84

vaturkey

Quote from: WV Gobble Gobble on May 10, 2011, 07:38:41 AM
Sorry right off the bat for sounding like a dork but that is a wild stream bread fish that is absolutely gorgeous.  Nice work but the only native  trout we have around these parts is the brook trout.  Native fish are those that originated in a location such as the brook trout in the Appalachian mountains.  Rainbow trout originated in the pacific as a sea run species typical to a salmon.  Anyway great fish something to be very proud of!!!!   :happy0064: :you_rock:

WV Gobble Gobble
  Like you said, Native fish are those that originated in a location. Rainbow trout were put in this mountain stream over 30 years ago. Thus making this trout a native rainbow if it was born in this stream. Thanks VATURKEY  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats on a GREAT trout Ricky!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

struttin_1

Basser69

Beautiful fish! Congrats on a good one!

Borden811

Quote from: vaturkey on May 10, 2011, 09:02:10 AM
Quote from: WV Gobble Gobble on May 10, 2011, 07:38:41 AM

WV Gobble Gobble
  Like you said, Native fish are those that originated in a location. Rainbow trout were put in this mountain stream over 30 years ago. Thus making this trout a native rainbow if it was born in this stream. Thanks VATURKEY  :newmascot:

Actually, it would be considered wild, not native. As stated before, the only trout native to that area are Brook Trout. And technically they aren't even a trout, but rather a Char. Regardless, that's a beautiful fish, and I'm jealous!

Stoner

Did you catch it on a fly rod. If you did what fly pattern did you use? Nice, Rainbow.

Reloader

gobbler74

Nice fish..Ive caught some nice natives..but none that size. A pole will darn near reach across the native streams I fish.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

flintlock

That is a beauty!  Way to go!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

vaturkey

Quote from: Stoner on May 10, 2011, 10:26:45 AM
Did you catch it on a fly rod. If you did what fly pattern did you use? Nice, Rainbow.

Stoner

Yes I did catch it on a fly rod but not on a fly. I use small live minnows for trout. I've got a 6 ft scott fly rod with a small ultralite reel on it. Works really good for tight spots. Thanks   Ricky     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

turkey slayer

trkehunr93

Regardless whether it is native or wild, it is a beautiful trout.