OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wound Up My Season With Four -Bypasses

Started by R AJ, May 09, 2011, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

I'm glad that your OK and that you got the proper medical care.  Listen to those Docs now and behave yourself.  :bible:

bird

njdevilsb

Glad you got it taken care of.  Good luck with your recovery.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

turkey slayer

Well thats one sorry way to end the season!! Glad to hear you got it checked in time!

surehuntsalot

glad to hear that you are doing well, Robert
I had a major heart attack on march 31st of 09 so I kinda now what you are feeling
and now all of a sudden I'm having problems with an irregular  heart beat
I go in thursday to see what they are going to do about it

wish you a speedy recovery
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

R AJ

Quote from: surehuntsalot on May 10, 2011, 09:44:30 PM
glad to hear that you are doing well, Robert
I had a major heart attack on march 31st of 09 so I kinda now what you are feeling
and now all of a sudden I'm having problems with an irregular  heart beat
I go in thursday to see what they are going to do about it

wish you a speedy recovery

My irregular heart beat was at 155 caused by atrial flutter, not fibrilation.
Get checked out soon.  Thanks and let me know what's what.

ghillie

Very glad that you got that checked...Afib/flutter is nothing to mess with...not only does it starve the heart of precious oxygen but the stasis of blood can create clots that can get thrown anywhere or "watershed" and you could have stroked out....on another side note...4 vessel...WOW...with that many vessels involved...sounds like you could have had an LAD blockage in there too...they don't call that one the "widowmaker" for nothing...

Gald you on the road to recovery and good luck with your rehab....I see dead turkeys in your future!!!

bowhunter84

Jay

Raj, you let a little thing like that keep you out of the woods ;D Sadly, most men wait till they haul you away in an ambulance before getting checked out. My hard headed dad for an example, that didn't get a second chance. Hope everything heals up great, and plan on you being back chasing Turkeys next year.  :icon_thumright:

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

hoyt

Glad everything worked out for you. Hang in there. I know what it's like, had a heart attack while bowhunting in Camp Blanding, Fl. Made it out and into the hospital. Have some heart damage from it, but I've had 4 angio plasties, a 4bypass and 5 bypass open heart surgery. Now have 6 stents in my heart as the last 5 bypass surgery all blocked up within a month while I was camped out in Greenswamp wma fl. deer hunting. I still hunt like I always have. By myself and deep in the woods. Just takes me longer to get in and out

Hawkfarm

BOFF

Glad your doing better, and glad you got it checked out before it was too late.

God Bless,
David B.

allaboutshooting

Hey Robert,

I'm glad to hear that all is going well. As has been said, many men just ignore the pain and don't fare so well because of that. Take care and listen the doctors. Prayers have been said.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Kylongspur88

Dad had one of those last year and he's as good as new now. He was watching t.v and got to feeling funny and his chest got tight and his arm hurt. Drove himself to the hospital and the docs said he was lucky to have made it and should have called an ambulance. He got into a work out routine and has dropped the weight and is doing well. Pray for your speedy recovery  :jesus-cross: