OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for leg gaiters

Started by greencop01, February 15, 2020, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Zeke6685 on February 15, 2020, 07:09:09 PM
I bought a pair of Kennetreks last year and love them.
I find the Kennetreks but they don't show to be snakeproof.  Has my google gone weak?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Rzrbac

I don't believe they are meant to be snakeproof.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Rzrbac on February 15, 2020, 09:57:52 PM
I don't believe they are meant to be snakeproof.
Well that's been on my mind so I guess I went looking for that.  Thanks.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

JLH

I have the Kuiu....many years, and many miles on them.

They still look new, completly waterpoof and stay put.

I spray with permethrin inside and out every spring.

kennedyh1990

What size in the Kenetrek? I'm 5'6" and wear a 8.5 boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cove

Quote from: Ranger on February 15, 2020, 09:56:55 AM
Look for Ranger Gaiters. Forestry trusted for decades and don't ride up your leg. Saw Pinhoti in person recently, looked like a boy I ear slapped in middle school. Bout 5'8 with heels on

5'10" with the heels.

And hope you introduced yourself.  :icon_thumright:

Howie g

Quote from: Cove on February 23, 2020, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: Ranger on February 15, 2020, 09:56:55 AM
Look for Ranger Gaiters. Forestry trusted for decades and don't ride up your leg. Saw Pinhoti in person recently, looked like a boy I ear slapped in middle school. Bout 5'8 with heels on

5'10" with the heels.

And hope you introduced yourself.  :icon_thumright:
.  Lol ,  never met him but he looks shifty

1ST DRAW

https://www.kingscamo.com/products/xkg-leg-gaiter-2
Got a pair of these for Christmas. Have worn them twice and so far very impressed. They stay put.

Sir-diealot

I am unfortunately going to have to get leg gaiters instead of snake boots for my trip to OK next year, I have kind of a bump on my left leg that I had forgotten wearing tall rubber boots makes it hurt and I think the same will happen with snake boots.

It is a result of my car accident in 88, there are various layers of skin and the fascia is damaged on that leg an the bump kind of gets bigger or smaller depending on my leg position. So thanks for the thread, I will be looking into them more and more as my trip approaches.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bornagain64

I do not understand why someone wants to take a shot at someone? Does it make you feel better about yourself to put someone down, or are you just trying to get a laugh. This is another thing wrong with the world.
@ranger and others!

Hughesjr60

I think he was kidding around about it. I'm 5'5 with heels on so I've been cut on a ton about it. It doesn't bother me and most of the time guys are just joking. Boot size is 13 though.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: JLH on February 16, 2020, 08:22:09 AM
I have the Kuiu....many years, and many miles on them.

They still look new, completly waterpoof and stay put.

I spray with permethrin inside and out every spring.

Did the permethrin do anything to the waterproofing??? I have first lite gaiter that were always waterproof and I started spraying them with permethrin too and now they seem to get soaked out at time in really really wet conditions I didnt know if it was the permethrin damaging the waterproofness.

I washed them and am going to apply nikiwax spray to see if I can boost the water tightness again before I replace them but i do love wearing gaiter.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

greencop01

Want to thank everyone for the replies, I believe I'm going w/ the Kenetreks.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!