OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for leg gaiters

Started by greencop01, February 15, 2020, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

Wondering if anyone knows where I can find some leg gaiters, something like Dave Owens wears, canvas and simple.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Fl strutter

I got kenetrecks last year and love them pants and feet stay dry. They are the same ones dave wears.

Dtrkyman

I use Kuiu gators, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger

Look for Ranger Gaiters. Forestry trusted for decades and don't ride up your leg. Saw Pinhoti in person recently, looked like a boy I ear slapped in middle school. Bout 5'8 with heels on
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

mullet dredge

I just got some Kenetreks recently, about $55 from Amazon. Put about 6mi on them this week....pretty happy with them. They stay put like they are supposed to.

paboxcall

Bought a pair of new with tags Sitka gaiters on fleabay last winter, wore them spring and fall seasons and they were awesome, still look brand new. Fully adjustable, have a toe cap / front lace hook to keep them in place, and built tough. Total quality as expected from Sitka.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

PharmHunter

Hobbes

I wear a pair of kenetrek in the snow.  I don't normally wear them turkey hunting but don't normally have wet grass  to deal with.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Ranger on February 15, 2020, 09:56:55 AM
Saw Pinhoti in person recently, looked like a boy I ear slapped in middle school. Bout 5'8 with heels on

5'8 with heels on lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

bobk

Outdoor Research  Crocodile Gaiters

aclawrence

I wear turtleskins but I do have some OR expedition crocodile gaiters that are super nice if your looking for something more like the Kenetreks.

MS TurkeyHunter

Kuiu fan here. There gaiters have served me well over the past two seasons. I would for sure buy another pair if I had to.

Rzrbac

I like Kuiu gear, love their packs but never tried their gaters. I have a pair of Kennetrek that have served me well. I don't wear them turkey hunting but put many miles on them in the mountains out west.

Zeke6685

I bought a pair of Kennetreks last year and love them.

patoad

I have the kenetreks and really like them. Not water proof if walking thru water but work nice to keep burrs off and keep your legs dry in wet grass...