turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF 2020

Started by Greg Massey, February 13, 2020, 03:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

For a Thursday opener at the NWTF show , it was one of the largest crowds they have seen .. Friday's in pass years have not been this big , and they opened up another big room and added another 150 vendors ...  Awesome show guys and girls ... come early for the free visitor parking , even if you have to wait inside the Opryland Hotel .. also New entrance going into the show , you have to go thru Ryman Room ... Good luck everyone safe travels ..

Upfold99

Bout to fly out. Headed that way!!!

aclawrence

Just left. It was more crowded than I was expecting. Snagged a bunch of mouth calls and a few other things. Had a good time. Got to talk to Dave Owens and Catman for a minute. Also saw Shane Simpson and the THP guys but didn't get to talk them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Greg Massey

Quote from: aclawrence on February 13, 2020, 04:23:17 PM
Just left. It was more crowded than I was expecting. Snagged a bunch of mouth calls and a few other things. Had a good time. Got to talk to Dave Owens and Catman for a minute. Also saw Shane Simpson and the THP guys but didn't get to talk them.

Those guys were covered up , with picture takers and selling cap's , Tee shirts etc.. great bunch of young men...public land guys ..

ejhandler

Pick up any extra Dave Owens ghost cuts?  ;) :toothy12:

Gobble!

You hit the favorites.

rakkin6

Tried to post a picture but I am having issues. But I grabbed a Twisted Creek longbox, Halloran Twisted Sister, Halloran Slate, Gooserbat red slate, and some mouth calls from foot an da head, houndstooth, Halloran, pecker wrecker and legacy.

I am trying to become a better diagram caller so I bought a bunch.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Bought some mouth calls from longbeard life and they sound awesome. Just wanted to give them a nod also. Just got done running them, the pineapple express is great.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

MO HUNTER

Made the rounds, got there at 11... left when they ran us out. Got to talk with the THP guys, Wilbur Primos, Preston Pitman, Eddie Salter... got to see Michael, Nick and T Bone. Saw Catman, didnt get to say hi..wanted to see Shane Simpson and Dave Owen's, maybe tomorrow.

I bouth strikers from Drew and Tyler over at Foot on Da Head...man, those guys are the coolest!

More to do and see tomorrow!

Greg Massey

Guy's the show was awesome this year.. if you have not been, i would suggest you make plans for next year.. you want be disappointed ...plenty to do and see, turkey calls , great call builders and everyone is so nice ... this show is a great part of history..

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 08:52:24 AM
Guy's the show was awesome this year.. if you have not been, i would suggest you make plans for next year.. you want be disappointed ...plenty to do and see, turkey calls , great call builders and everyone is so nice ... this show is a great part of history..
Definitely one of those things everyone should get to, to experience at least once in their life. If I had to choose between Unicoi and Nashville, Unicoi is the obvious choice for me, but that doesn't detract from the fact the convention is still a great time. Highly recommend it, especially being the wife can go do her thing and have plenty to see at the convention as well.

Roost 1

It's a long ways from what it used be... amazing to me how many people are making a living off the Outdoor Industry.  Prolly my last trip, I think I'd be more suited at Unicoi.

Turkeyman

I'm with you Roost 1. I attended a few NWTF conventions back when they used to travel around and found them interesting and enjoyable. Then they settled permanently in Nashville and my wife and I attended one several years ago. I can't say I didn't enjoy it...and she certainly did due to the Gran Ole Opry et al...but, for me, it's just lost it's appeal. I won't attend another.

7Even NMG

North Mountain Gear Mossy Oak Pullovers can be purchased at the Mossy Oak booth.