OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What’s Up With These Hen Boxes?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 04, 2020, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 04, 2020, 07:08:28 PM
I've been seeing a lot of buzz about these Fulkerson hen boxes. I love a good box call, and this one looks different. How do these sound and differ from a normal box call? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I sent you Pm ...

chefrific

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 04, 2020, 11:30:21 PM
Quote from: chefrific on February 04, 2020, 10:28:37 PM
All I can say is that once you get the hang of them they can be incredible tools in your arsenal. And they are addictive. The subtleties and variations in calling make them stand out to me. They really shine at the soft calls. Yes they can get loud and nasty but those soft clucks and yelps are money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which wood combination is your favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like another said, snake wood over about anything is a safe bet.  However my personal favorite is a toss up between snake/apple and snake/teak. 

I've also got a little one sided version by Fulkerson that is Ironwood over teak.  It's killer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on February 04, 2020, 09:27:02 PM
I'm considering getting on the list. Curious if anyone has an ebony lid over blue mahoe? If you have strong opinions on better combos I'd love to hear them as well. I've been following along on several of these threads.
N

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Matt currently has new for his list suspended but said it would be reopened this spring. Seen Ebony over Chestnut, and Ebony over Apple. There's a couple second hand Snakewood/Apple from Matt in the classifieds right now.

Nathan_Wiles

Quote from: HookedonHooks on February 05, 2020, 04:26:25 AM
Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on February 04, 2020, 09:27:02 PM
I'm considering getting on the list. Curious if anyone has an ebony lid over blue mahoe? If you have strong opinions on better combos I'd love to hear them as well. I've been following along on several of these threads.
N

Matt currently has new for his list suspended but said it would be reopened this spring. Seen Ebony over Chestnut, and Ebony over Apple. There's a couple second hand Snakewood/Apple from Matt in the classifieds right now.
Thanks for the information and the combination feedback. I dont mind waiting not in a big rush or anything.

Jester87

Ebony/english walnut and snake/apple  :icon_thumright: