turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Automatic Turkey Gun?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 06, 2020, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Thinking about swapping from my trusty Remington 870 to an automatic shotgun for turkeys. The Remington has slain many a gobbler, but for a long time I've wanted to make the change. Less recoil and faster follow up shots if needed can be had with the automatic. So, I've decided this season to make the change. Now the question is which one to go with. I know many love the Mossberg 935 magnum turkey version, and it does like nice for the price point. However, from what I read many have had issues with some type of plastic piece on this gun breaking, rendering it a single shot. As reliability is a must have for me, I can't tolerate that. At the moment I'm looking hard at the Beretta A350 turkey model. My brother has a beretta A400 that is an extremely nice gun for wingshooting, so I am somewhat familiar with the layout. Does anyone have experience with this gun or any other good automatics? Thanks for any help.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

3bailey3

That would be a semi automatic, my choice is the Benelli m2 20 gauge

Gooserbat

I'd never get rid of the 870.  I would however bring it a new friend.  I'll second the Benelli M2 however mine is a 12 ga.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

CALLM2U

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 06, 2020, 10:13:35 PM
That would be a semi automatic, my choice is the Benelli m2 20 gauge

x2

ddturkeyhunter

Not sure what the guns look like that have been mentioned.But I shoot the Remington 11-87 sportman super magnum with the thumb hole stock. I just recommend any kind as long as it has a thumb hole or a pistol grip. Once you use one of them stocks don't think you will go back.

Ranger

Weatherby Youth SA 08.  Good price, leightweight, and doesn't have a sissy bolt like a Benelli or Stoeger type
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Jrkimbrough

I love my Benelli Montefeltro...........which I believe is pretty much the same as the M2

bobk

For a semi automatic I really like either a Benelli M2 or benelli cordoba both in 20 gauge.

Honolua

Franchi Affinity 3 is really worth looking at too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

Quote from: Honolua on January 07, 2020, 04:15:25 PM

A lot of gun for the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honolua

Quote from: sasquatch1 on January 07, 2020, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: Honolua on January 07, 2020, 04:15:25 PM

A lot of gun for the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed...and it patterns insanely well, as good as anything.

mudhen

Browning Maxus Wicked Wing is my current choice...

Just fyi, the A350 was discontinued several years ago...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tail Feathers

The M2 gets a lot of love.  My Winchester SX3 is the softest shooting shotgun I've ever shot.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

aaron

With TSS, my opinion is the benelli m2 20 gauge is the premier offering.  Light as a feather and with the right choke a turkey at 50 yds is dead.  I don't intentionally take 50 yard shots but if my estimation is off  he's gonna still die.  I absolutely love my 20 gauge m2.  It's not only light but it's sleek.  It's a joy to handle