OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Automatic Turkey Gun?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 06, 2020, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Quote from: 29810434 on January 07, 2020, 05:45:03 PM
Remington V3 Turkey Edition

+1 based on my experience with my V3. Terrific gun, very light recoil. Comes with a Tru-Glo red dot to boot.

Yoder409

You WILL not, CAN not buy more autoloader for the money than the Belgian-built Winchesters........... SX2, SX3 and SX4.

The Browning Maxus is just more of a good thing.......but at an increase in cost.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Balla1982

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 07, 2020, 10:05:01 PM
You WILL not, CAN not buy more autoloader for the money than the Belgian-built Winchesters........... SX2, SX3 and SX4.

The Browning Maxus is just more of a good thing.......but at an increase in cost.

What did they change between the 3 and 4 for it to drop in price so much?  I've been shopping lately for a new gun and the price of the 4 is hard to beat.

kyturkeyhunter4

I would defently take a look at the Stoegers I bought my son the Stoeger 3020 in the 20ga and I have had the M3500 for a couple of years now and we both love them never had any issues with either gun. They pattern awesome and the price isn't that bad like most of the automatics now.

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. Lot of good choices here, appears the Benelli M2 gets a lot of votes. I'll consider that one more closely. Also now looking quite hard at a step up from the A350, the new Beretta A400 Xtreme plus. I'm thinking that a gas operated autoloader combined with their kick off stock system would take some of the sting out of the recoil with these heavy turkey loads. I can personally attest that the kick off system works, and is not a gimmick. My 20 gauge Benelli Supersport actually has more recoil than my brothers 12 gauge Beretta with the kick off.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Swather

The prices are attractive, even compared to Turkish guns.  But keeping up with where the components are made and assembled for Winchester guns is pretty complicated.  Check this out:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/support/faq/where-are-winchester-firearms-manufactured.html

Yoder409

Quote from: Swather on January 09, 2020, 01:34:44 PM

The prices are attractive, even compared to Turkish guns.  But keeping up with where the components are made and assembled for Winchester guns is pretty complicated.  Check this out:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/support/faq/where-are-winchester-firearms-manufactured.html

I was not aware that the SX4 wasn't also of Belgian descent.  That being said.......it wouldn't stop me from buying one.  I have both an SX2 and an SX3.  They are the schizz !!!  The SX4, by all accounts, is just more of a good thing.

Possibly the price difference between the SX3 and the SX4 has to do with the SX4 being made completely in Portugal ?? 

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

MK M GOBL

Gog1015

The Beretta A400 extreme plus, I own 2 of them now and can honestly say it is the best shotgun I have ever owned.

Slick_trick

I shoot a Winchester sx3 in 12 and love it. It's been very good to me over the years.  If I was going with an auto in 20 it would be an m2 or sx3. The franchi is quality too from I can tell, I don't have any hands on experience with it.

perrytrails

All great choices. Loved my M2 20 gauge, hunted with it for years.

Beretta A400 is my choice now. Well balanced soft shooter, light weight.

Lots of great recommendations

ejhandler

Absolutely the M2 if it's in your budget otherwise the SX3 or Affinity are fine guns as well.

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I went to my gun shop today and ended up walking out with a Beretta A400 Extreme Plus. It checked pretty much all the boxes for what I was looking for. The Benelli m2 is also a nice gun, but as I like to shoot 3.5 inch shells it was ruled out. Thanks again
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

GunRunner

Another vote for the Franchi Affinity 3.