News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

To all the pros w “ego”

Started by Bowguy, December 08, 2019, 11:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Happy on December 09, 2019, 06:36:09 AM
Does this guy like using train whistles for a locator call? In all honesty I wouldn't worry about it. If he wants his hunting areas overrun with people then so be it. I believe I read somewhere on here Shannon warning guys about providing to much info but whatever. However I do want my status upgraded to "Pro". Never really thought that was a thing in the hunting world and my mommy would be so proud! I will start drafting my acceptance speech as soon as I find my crayons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Don't really know who this is about and don't really care. I'll just keep my nose in my own blind and not worry about the others. But I want in on the "Pro" upgrade! Once you achieve it can you let me know how you did it? PM is fine because we don't really want the others in on it. HaHa Bubba

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

eggshell

hmmmm some things to think about in the off-season. First, I think you'd want to be a part of any discussion with those who have been successful in any endeavor. The mouse who insist on finding his own way through the maze instead of following those who know the way is generally left without any cheese.

I can't quite figure out the pro thing. My impression of being pro is you get paid .......all I do is spend. I gotta figure this one out. I'm with the rest of you, when someone figures it out let me know.....oh that's right we don't share info. Well how about you just blow a train whistle and we'll know who to watch.

Disclaimer: Just having fun I'm not directing anything towards anyone, at least until after Christmas.....want to stay on the nice list at least a few more days.

Happy

I thought professional hunters were those fellows in Africa that took rich yuppies off into the Bush and let them shoot stuff and feel manly while making sure they didn't get any booboo's. That's what I picked up from reading Robert Ruarke books anyways.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Spitten and drummen

Im a self proclaimed pro. A legend in my own mind :thanks:
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

MK M GOBL

eggshell

There are good legends and bad legends......I'm afraid to ask what one I would fall in :funnyturkey:

Yoder409

I spent about 10 years on Pro-Staff for a call company.  Years back, a fellow staffer and I were hunting in southeast WV in some of the Lord's most rugged creation.  My partner was a mile or two off.from me and happened across an elderly gentleman who was hunting, as well.   Conversation followed and my partner mentioned he was a staffer for the company........the name of which was on his hat.   The old fellow asked, "So, are you one of them professional turkey hunters ?".  My partner asked him what he would consider a "professional turkey hunter".  The old guy said, "Well......... I suppose it's a guy with younger legs than mine."

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gobble!

Can I trade in a couple nuts for a pro badge?

Old Gobbler

This may sound harsh .... your going to meet alot of people who want to shoot a wild turkey but fewer that want to hunt a wild Turkey do yourself a favor and quickly determine the difference between the two ...and put some distance between the "shooters" and anything to do with yourself

A real turkey hunter knows how to find his/her own spots and keep them secret , only a fool makes them public , writing about a hunting spot PUBLICLY on the internet, magazine publication,  or tv only makes you a bigger fool

Now let me elaborate.........I have helped countless people get into Turkey hunting , notice how I said the word "help" I learned long , long ago you are to "help " them not do EVERYTHING for them.... if they show a willingness to learn the SKILLS it takes to be a hunter that's good , if they simply want handouts like a garbage bear.....avoid them

In this day and age of communication and technology,  probably the worst thing you can do is swing the door wide open to the " lazy millenial hunters " who "internet scout" and provide them specifics on where to  clean out the woods of deer, ducks and turkeys 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

fallhnt

This is the good time of year for this forum. After the NWTF convention the hate towards, blinds,decoys,early archery season,shooting jakes,bearded hens,Fall hunting,NWTF,small bore guns,all day hunting, shooting little deer,Native Americans, fanning, and fellow members, becomes like a Democratic chit show.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

eggshell

Here's your official Badge Gobble... Just fill in your name

Spurs

Quote from: Old Gobbler on December 21, 2019, 07:58:24 AM
This may sound harsh .... your going to meet alot of people who want to shoot a wild turkey but fewer that want to hunt a wild Turkey do yourself a favor and quickly determine the difference between the two ...and put some distance between the "shooters" and anything to do with yourself

A real turkey hunter knows how to find his/her own spots and keep them secret , only a fool makes them public , writing about a hunting spot PUBLICLY on the internet, magazine publication,  or tv only makes you a bigger fool

Now let me elaborate.........I have helped countless people get into Turkey hunting , notice how I said the word "help" I learned long , long ago you are to "help " them not do EVERYTHING for them.... if they show a willingness to learn the SKILLS it takes to be a hunter that's good , if they simply want handouts like a garbage bear.....avoid them

In this day and age of communication and technology,  probably the worst thing you can do is swing the door wide open to the " lazy millenial hunters " who "internet scout" and provide them specifics on where to  clean out the woods of deer, ducks and turkeys
Couldn't have said it better if I tried.  I have some good friends who love to go to Kansas, because it is relatively easy to kill a bird compared to here in AR and that many private landowners will still give permission.  I prefer places like MO, MS, AL, etc.  I love the challenge, love the hunt, and to me, there is nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment when I conquer a over-pressured public land bird.
This year is going to suck!!!

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Old Gobbler on December 21, 2019, 07:58:24 AM

Perfect post and 100% truth!!!