OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

To all the pros w “ego”

Started by Bowguy, December 08, 2019, 11:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Hey fellas. I ain't been on here much. Bought a house I've been working on all summer/fall than working a bunch.
Hope all is well.
Reason I'm writing is I saw something that didn't sit well with me.
This forum has the absolute best guys with tremendous knowledge willing to give freely. As a child no one ever told you anything. I'm sure some remember yet they aren't that way themselves and have zero ego.
To my knowledge no one has ever been threatened w being booted simply by talking about great hunting somewhere. Good to have an imagination though.
This guy which goes by another name on here is bad mouthing the site and its members. Just don't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Must be he got kicked off, his name does not even come up as a member over there. I belong to both sites myself, prefer this one but have no problems with the other. People have opinions and so people have big mouths, don't sweat it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

Happy

Does this guy like using train whistles for a locator call? In all honesty I wouldn't worry about it. If he wants his hunting areas overrun with people then so be it. I believe I read somewhere on here Shannon warning guys about providing to much info but whatever. However I do want my status upgraded to "Pro". Never really thought that was a thing in the hunting world and my mommy would be so proud! I will start drafting my acceptance speech as soon as I find my crayons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bowguy

Yes that's him. I'm not overly worried bout it. I'm just not big on fellows spreading bs about others. There's some really good guys here.

crow

He's been called out on his ideas of turkey hunting on the other forum also.

Just sour grapes, you could give free steak dinners to 10 different people and somebody would complain

Greg Massey

Regardless it's all about the tactic's in getting that bird ...sometimes we just chase our own tails ... different methods and approaches has a way of getting that gobbler fired up.. so i guess he's thinking out of the box or whatever , i think we have tendency to worry about what others think and we get away from really enjoying the hunt ourselves..  As crow said you can give 10 free dinners away and someone would complain ... great point Crow .. my suggestion is stop worrying about how other people do , just take care of your own back door. My opinion .. Yes this is the best forum and the knowledge form old and young hunter is awesome, we can all still learn regardless of age and tactics  ... don't forget while crossing the fence the barbed wire made a squealing noise and the gobbler fired off down in the field .. lol.... looking forward to spring 2020...

Bowguy

There's no attempt at saying any ideas aren't valid. It's the untruths . Everyone on here is more than helpful. No should tell others, especially those who don't know otherwise. Dishonest

Muzzy61

All I know is I'm on a lot of different forum sites and this is by far the best. Good information with healthy respectful dialog.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

SinGin

When the state NJ came up in his post I'm almost sure most of us know who this fella is.

tomstopper

Quote from: Bowguy on December 09, 2019, 06:54:50 AM
Yes that's him. I'm not overly worried bout it. I'm just not big on fellows spreading bs about others. There's some really good guys here.
Totally agree

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

KYFrid

I remember that guy also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA-strutter

I'm gonna day there is definitely some great people on this board. Just recently I posted about hunting in another state trying to get some leads/ ideas where to start and my inbox filled up with help from board members here. Try to find that somewhere else.
Teds Custom Calls on FB

MK M GOBL

Have always been the one to boost others up and not put them down, have been around long enough to have learned the good part of life. I let the negatives just slide off, don't need to bother with those types.

Bunch of good guys/ladies here! Can't wait for the 2020 season to get here, already getting hunts lined up for the season!!

MK M GOBL