News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Next Turkey Hunting Goal

Started by Sir-diealot, June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 08, 2019, 09:32:13 PM
My turkey hunting goal is to kill a gobbler in all of the Lower 48 states. I'd also love to go to Mexico for a Goulds gobbler. Single season slam would be nice but is a much lesser priority. Gobbler with a bow would be cool. I've only killed a hen with my bow.
My main goal is to stay healthy enough to hunt gobblers for many, many years to come!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
All worthy goals to have. I hope you attain them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BrowningGuy88

My goal next year is to have a successful hunt with my 4 year old. We have called in birds and he's seen them strut and heard them gobble, but I haven't killed one with him yet.

ncturkey

Good luck on your up coming surgery.

My main goal is good lord willing to be turkey hunting again next spring.
I am going to be setting up a 20 gauge to hunt with next year.
I hope to hunt with my trumpets and wingbone calls next year.

I really what to get my daughter back in the turkey woods with me. And hopefully get my wife in the Woods too.

Another goal for me is to get in better shape. So I can put many miles of my boots. I really love hiking deep into a National Forest or state land to hunt turkeys.

My last goal is to not loose anything in the woods.????

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BrowningGuy88 on June 09, 2019, 08:30:59 AM
My goal next year is to have a successful hunt with my 4 year old. We have called in birds and he's seen them strut and heard them gobble, but I haven't killed one with him yet.
Lucky kid to be out there so young. Only went hunting with my father once when I was maybe 14, we did not get anything, mostly because I could not stand still or shut up, I did not really care about the hunting, I was just glad to be spending time 1 on 1 with my father without my 4 sisters. I did like that it was in the woods though, two places I have always felt at home were in the water and in the woods. Third place was always on a bike. (peddle)

I hope you two get one together this coming season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ncturkey on June 09, 2019, 09:24:44 AM
Good luck on your up coming surgery.

My main goal is good lord willing to be turkey hunting again next spring.
I am going to be setting up a 20 gauge to hunt with next year.
I hope to hunt with my trumpets and wingbone calls next year.

I really want to get my daughter back in the turkey woods with me. And hopefully get my wife in the Woods too.

Another goal for me is to get in better shape. So I can put many miles of my boots. I really love hiking deep into a National Forest or state land to hunt turkeys.

My last goal is to not loose anything in the woods.????

Thanks, surgery went well, in a sling for a while then months of physical therapy. Started stretching it out on the desk yesterday.

I feared I would not be able to shoot my 12 gauge and would have to go to a 20 gauge after my shoulder surgery on the right side 2 years ago but thankfully no problems there. Only problem I do have is they had to remove one part of my bicep muscle so my gun feels a bit heavier to me now.

I am going to be making a wingbone out of my first turkey I got this year so you know I will be out there with that and the trumpets next year, I am still practicing several days a week.

Your daughter will always remember it, I envy you, I always wanted kids but never found a woman I wanted to have them with. I wish you luck on getting your wife out there, maybe you should get Zelmo's wife to take here out, sounds like she got bit by the bug pretty hard. :D

I was in better shape last year than this year and I could really tell the difference, I will be better for next year for sure!

I hear you on not losing things, that can be a annoying and expensive thing to do.

John Koenig:

runngun

Didn't get to hunt this year due to having a 3rd hand surgery. Messed up 2 dove seasons and then this year Turkey season.  That will NOT happen again!!!
Goals for next year:
Hunt home state of Louisiana
Hunt Mississippi
Oklahoma
Texas
and Kansas
Try and make up for this past season. Been driving me crazy, But staying on here watching y'alls success pulled me through.

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Rzrbac

Starting in January, attend Unicoi. During season call and kill my first trumpet bird. I also want to call in one with my henbox I have coming.

Possibly an out of state hunt depending on time and money.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: runngun on June 09, 2019, 01:39:05 PM
Didn't get to hunt this year due to having a 3rd hand surgery. Messed up 2 dove seasons and then this year Turkey season.  That will NOT happen again!!!
Goals for next year:
Hunt home state of Louisiana
Hunt Mississippi
Oklahoma
Texas
and Kansas
Try and make up for this past season. Been driving me crazy, But staying on here watching y'alls success pulled me through.

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I understand the frustration of not being able to hunt, that's for sure. Hang in there, do the PT and LISTEN TO THEM so you don't hurt yourself.

I hope to hunt OK in 2021 while visiting family.

You have a good one as well, thanks.

Quote from: Rzrbac on June 09, 2019, 01:50:50 PM
Starting in January, attend Unicoi. During season call and kill my first trumpet bird. I also want to call in one with my henbox I have coming.

Possibly an out of state hunt depending on time and money.
I had to let my spot go this month on a hen box, the money was there but not there if you know what I mean.

I also want to get one with a trumpet, I think I will have to get out of the blind though, I noticed the blind really keeps a lot of the sound in.

John Koenig:

NCL

This will probably sound weird but my goal for 2020 is not have any goals but just enjoy the season/ year as it unfolds. It seems when I set goals it starts to add pressure if the goals are not being achieved.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: NCL on June 10, 2019, 08:15:58 AM
This will probably sound weird but my goal for 2020 is not have any goals but just enjoy the season/ year as it unfolds. It seems when I set goals it starts to add pressure if the goals are not being achieved.
This!!!

I wanna kill one with the 20 ga, 16 ga and some kind of archery implement. I've shot birds in the fall with a bow but want to kill a spring bird with the bow or a crossbow. Would love to try my recurve but certainly don't trust myself with that yet. But, most of all, I just don't wanna add additional pressure. My time is short. Just rather enjoy what I've got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampchickin234

Stop. Sit still. Not be so worried about hitting the next state. Not be so worried about the next bird, but stop and enjoy the one you have. Enjoy it, slow down, and take it in. Take more pictures and instead of trying to kill the next one, just enjoy it.  That is my goal is to soak it in more.  We're not given forever, and that is something I struggle with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzsmith

bought my first trumpet last season, did not kill or call up with it....but never used in much actually while hunting. practiced a whole lot on it. Used it multiple times this year. Called up several hens with it, and managed to kill a couple gobblers with it to. I still don't use it much, but I do use it and have gotten comfortable with it. been trying off and on with the tube call for a few years now...ive never had a response to it.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Hook hanger

Have a safe and enjoyable spring 2020 is my goal! And see how many bearded hens I can shoot along the way.

zelmo1

Just ordered a crossbow, why not  :OGturkeyhead:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on June 10, 2019, 08:15:58 AM
I can understand where you are coming from, you just can't make the goal more important than the experience I guess you would say.

John Koenig: