OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Next Turkey Hunting Goal

Started by Sir-diealot, June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Ctrize on June 07, 2019, 09:06:27 AM
To hear one gobble, then another and anotherand another and.......
Sounds attainable.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 06, 2019, 09:55:02 PM
My goal is just to enjoy life and kill turkeys ...  hope to buy some more calls ... :TooFunny:

These are admirable goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisgobbler

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM
Now that I have gotten my first turkey I want to try to get one with what most of my friends would consider non traditional calls. Trumpets, Wingbones, Yelpers, Tongue call, scratch boxes, Jolley Scratch Tube, tube call, hen box and so on.

I am hoping my shoulder is good enough for bow for deer this fall and certainly for turkey in the spring, surgery is tomorrow so time to get ready to heal. Turkey with a bow is something I have wanted to do since before my car accident in 2001. I would also like to do it with a flint lock muzzle loader.

I also want to get much better with mouth calls and make some more pot call kits as well as a box call kit.

What are your future goals in turkey hunting?

I'm a trad muzzle loader hunter myself. Small game with a .32 and big game with my .58 Bill Large barreled Hawken style rifle. A shotgun is on my shortlist of urgent needs.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Wisgobbler on June 07, 2019, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM
Now that I have gotten my first turkey I want to try to get one with what most of my friends would consider non traditional calls. Trumpets, Wingbones, Yelpers, Tongue call, scratch boxes, Jolley Scratch Tube, tube call, hen box and so on.

I am hoping my shoulder is good enough for bow for deer this fall and certainly for turkey in the spring, surgery is tomorrow so time to get ready to heal. Turkey with a bow is something I have wanted to do since before my car accident in 2001. I would also like to do it with a flint lock muzzle loader.

I also want to get much better with mouth calls and make some more pot call kits as well as a box call kit.

What are your future goals in turkey hunting?

I'm a trad muzzle loader hunter myself. Small game with a .32 and big game with my .58 Bill Large barreled Hawken style rifle. A shotgun is on my shortlist of urgent needs.

I have never owned a flint lock, I own 2 percussion caps and a Knight .45 Cal. inline. I would also like to own a Wheel Lock and a Match Lock but the money is not there for all of them. I would want either a Shenandoah or Pennsylvania Flintlock myself.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Yoder409

Numero uno is to have my 12 year old son (has Down Syndrome) get his first bird. 

A distant second is I'd like to take a couple Osceola longbeards.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 07, 2019, 09:18:33 PM
Numero uno is to have my 12 year old son (has Down Syndrome) get his first bird. 

A distant second is I'd like to take a couple Osceola longbeards.
That would be so cool to see him do that.

John Koenig:

Cut N Run

I hope to obtain access to hunt a couple of new properties  AND have the time to hunt them properly.
The closer it get to turkey season, the busier my work gets...dadgum it.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Jester87

Call in more birds for others and hopefully draw hunts in new areas. Try not to go broke buying calls!

Chordeiles

Out of state hunt.

tomstopper

Get my youngest daughter her first turkey next year.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cut N Run on June 07, 2019, 11:51:38 PM
I hope to obtain access to hunt a couple of new properties  AND have the time to hunt them properly.
The closer it get to turkey season, the busier my work gets...dadgum it.

Jim
I hope it works out for you, always nice to hunt new places. Are you in the construction or landscaping business? Something else that has you working outside?

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Jester87 on June 08, 2019, 05:24:34 AM
Call in more birds for others and hopefully draw hunts in new areas. Try not to go broke buying calls!
I think we are all beat in that last part. I would also like to call some in for others, kids mostly but would not mind doing it for adults either. I may try to go down to PA to hunt next year, it's less than 2 hrs. from me.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Chordeiles on June 08, 2019, 06:05:46 AM
Out of state hunt.

I would like to do the same.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tomstopper on June 08, 2019, 06:20:35 AM
Get my youngest daughter her first turkey next year.
That would be fantastic, I never had kid but I would love to get my nephews out to get their first in 2021 when I go to OK to visit.

John Koenig:

RutnNStrutn

My turkey hunting goal is to kill a gobbler in all of the Lower 48 states. I'd also love to go to Mexico for a Goulds gobbler. Single season slam would be nice but is a much lesser priority. Gobbler with a bow would be cool. I've only killed a hen with my bow.
My main goal is to stay healthy enough to hunt gobblers for many, many years to come!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk