turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Next Turkey Hunting Goal

Started by Sir-diealot, June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Now that I have gotten my first turkey I want to try to get one with what most of my friends would consider non traditional calls. Trumpets, Wingbones, Yelpers, Tongue call, scratch boxes, Jolley Scratch Tube, tube call, hen box and so on.

I am hoping my shoulder is good enough for bow for deer this fall and certainly for turkey in the spring, surgery is tomorrow so time to get ready to heal. Turkey with a bow is something I have wanted to do since before my car accident in 2001. I would also like to do it with a flint lock muzzle loader.

I also want to get much better with mouth calls and make some more pot call kits as well as a box call kit.

What are your future goals in turkey hunting?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

My goal is just to enjoy life and kill turkeys ...  hope to buy some more calls ... :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 06, 2019, 09:55:02 PM
My goal is just to enjoy life and kill turkeys ...  hope to buy some more calls ... :TooFunny:
Sounds good to me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Happy

Stay as good-looking as I am right now. Come spring I hope to hunt turkeys again.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on June 06, 2019, 10:03:08 PM
Stay as good-looking as I am right now. Come spring I hope to hunt turkeys again.
Well you could not get any worse. Hoping to hunt them myself.

John Koenig:

Southerngobbler

You already got one with a non traditional call. Most folks on here have never heard of a Griz wood friction call. I know because I ask- I think you and one other person were the only one to reply.

TauntoHawk

Goal is to enjoy each spring a little more then the last and see as many places as I can. I have no realistic way that could ever imagine killing a bird in every state but I love taking trips and seeing as many as I can.

If we're just talking about trying out calls, I'd like to get a hen box this summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Southerngobbler on June 06, 2019, 10:21:29 PM
You already got one with a non traditional call. Most folks on here have never heard of a Griz wood friction call. I know because I ask- I think you and one other person were the only one to reply.
I did think of that, but I follow him on Facebook so to me he has become common though his calls are not if you know what I mean.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on June 06, 2019, 10:28:20 PM
Goal is to enjoy each spring a little more then the last and see as many places as I can. I have no realistic way that could ever imagine killing a bird in every state but I love taking trips and seeing as many as I can.

If we're just talking about trying out calls, I'd like to get a hen box this summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Talking about anything that you want to accomplish turkey hunting that you have not already or wish to again. I was up on Mr. Fulkerson's list and I had to let my place go this month due to money, really broke my heart to do it. It will come up again I am sure and I think I will start putting some money to the side in Paypal for when it does.

John Koenig:

zelmo1

Get my wife a Tom next year. She passed a good shot so my daughter could get her first Tom. Selfless act deserves to be rewarded. My job to get her there.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on June 06, 2019, 11:07:21 PM
Get my wife a Tom next year. She passed a good shot so my daughter could get her first Tom. Selfless act deserves to be rewarded. My job to get her there.
That's a good woman right there. I wish her the best of luck.

John Koenig:

Happy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2019, 10:18:26 PM
Quote from: Happy on June 06, 2019, 10:03:08 PM
Well you could not get any worse. Hoping to hunt them myself.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Muzzy61

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM
Now that I have gotten my first turkey I want to try to get one with what most of my friends would consider non traditional calls. Trumpets, Wingbones, Yelpers, Tongue call, scratch boxes, Jolley Scratch Tube, tube call, hen box and so on.

I am hoping my shoulder is good enough for bow for deer this fall and certainly for turkey in the spring, surgery is tomorrow so time to get ready to heal. Turkey with a bow is something I have wanted to do since before my car accident in 2001. I would also like to do it with a flint lock muzzle loader.

I also want to get much better with mouth calls and make some more pot call kits as well as a box call kit.

Good Luck with your surgery, and recovery.

For me, to take my grandson turkey hunting next year. He will be 5 years old.

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Ctrize

To hear one gobble, then another and anotherand another and.......

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Muzzy61 on June 07, 2019, 08:43:50 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM

Good Luck with your surgery, and recovery.

For me, to take my grandson turkey hunting next year. He will be 5 years old.
Thank you, went well other than the sling thy gave me.

Taking kids is always fun, I would imagine it is even better with family.

John Koenig: