Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Has anybody heard of this travel restriction to NY?

Started by Sir-diealot, June 01, 2019, 11:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

Quote from: camotoe on June 02, 2019, 09:38:32 AM
Yankees **** .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: tal on June 02, 2019, 03:36:55 PM
I support building a wall! But Mexico is fine, we need to build the wall around Sacramento and New York. LOL

If it includes Yanker's stadium I for it. GO SOX!!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on June 02, 2019, 09:26:38 PM
Yankees **** .

I support building a wall! But Mexico is fine, we need to build the wall around Sacramento and New York. LOL

I will say go Celtics but that is the only Boston team I like.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

captpete

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2019, 09:47:36 PM
Yankees **** .

I hate basketball. I would rather listen to golf tournament on the radio then watch a basketball game. The Red Sox is the only Boston team I like.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on June 02, 2019, 09:53:48 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2019, 09:47:36 PM
Yankees **** .

I hate basketball. I would rather listen to golf tournament on the radio then watch a basketball game. The Red Sox is the only Boston team I like.
I used to be the same with basketball then started to like a a few years back. I would sooner watch the The World Tiddlywinks Championships than watch baseball.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tracker#1

tal

joey46

Quote from: Yelper on June 02, 2019, 03:58:31 PM
I have flown for several hunting trips from Alabama to Wyoming and some other states, You cannot have the ammo in the same case as the firearm. The ammo and the firearm are kept separate for many reasons, but the most important one is that if someone got the firearm at least they would not get the ammo also.

I believe that to be the same as if traveling by vehicle, that the ammo and firearm are not suppose to be kept together.

This is 100% wrong IMO.  Read the printed rules and Contract of Carriage on the airlines' web sites.  If the ammo isn't firmly stored in the lock gun case where is it supposed to be?  In the unlocked soft suitcase bouncing around the cargo hold?  Can't be in your carry on bag. 
Traveling by vehicle - other than the good old days of having a gun displayed in the back window of a pick up truck and ammo scattered around the front seat there shouldn't be a problem.  A cased gun and secured ammo shouldn't be a problem about anywhere.   A weapon and ammo "Easily at Hand" could be a problem but a hunter traveling with his turkey gun in a case in a car trunk or behind his truck seat should be golden.  If I fly into a state, rent a car, and then drive away the gun will be out of sight in a locked case in a place I can't easily reach it from the driver's seat.
Most airlines are now adding that the customer is responsible for knowing the restrictions present when they land and take possession of their weapon.  Betting NRA members could find out answers to these questions with little trouble.  Over the years I've submitted questions on gun transfer matters and received a quick answer.

Update - spent a little time yesterday checking a few web sites.  Southwest still reads that the ammo can be in the case with the firearm.  All airlines I looked at now state it is the customers responsibility to know the laws at the point of arrival.  That is going to be the wild card. 
Four members of a Florida forum traveled extensively this season.  I asked one directly if they had trouble flying with their turkey guns.  They didn't and they flew to three different western locations.  Don't make this harder than it is or you'll be intimidated into staying at home.