OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Has anybody heard of this travel restriction to NY?

Started by Sir-diealot, June 01, 2019, 11:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Sorry, I have no clue where to put this but I was speaking with a friend a bit ago and he mentioned that he heard on Rush that if you fly into any part of NY and have ammo with you in the same container as your firearm they are treating it as a loaded weapon and arresting people at the airport.

Now this is contrary to a thread we had here not long ago where I believe it is South West Airlines has you keep your ammo in a box that it came in or if reloads that it has to be in some kind of box or old ammo cardboad box and you would be fine. (May have been all airlines but I remember South West as I fly with them when I do fly.

I guess this is something that dictator Coumo presiding egomaniac here in NY has implemented. Has anyone heard of any such thing?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rapscallion Vermilion

There have been several instances of this happening specifically in the case of NYC airports and handguns.  I would avoid arriving or departing from any NYC airport with any firearm unless you had the proper NYC permits.  It is my understanding that outside of NYC a shotgun is not a problem, but I'd recommend talking to the State Police   and also gunshops upstate that cater to traveling hunters.

tomstopper

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on June 02, 2019, 08:29:36 AM
There have been several instances of this happening specifically in the case of NYC airports and handguns.  I would avoid arriving or departing from any NYC airport with any firearm unless you had the proper NYC permits.  It is my understanding that outside of NYC a shotgun is not a problem, but I'd recommend talking to the State Police   and also gunshops upstate that cater to traveling hunters.
Having lived in NY for most of my life, I do believe that Raps post is correct. I would call the state police and ask them. I know the city is highly regulated. I know cops who work for the city that have been denied pistiol permits. Hate that state and am so glad my family and I moved to NC.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Last time I traveled, drove not fly, to NY I called the fish and game and state police to make sure of all regs. They have a checklist that prohibits certain firearms, even shotguns. Flying is different I believe. Check NY and airlines. Speak to a real human and get their name. The more info you have the better off you are.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tomstopper on June 02, 2019, 08:42:55 AM
Having lived in NY for most of my life, I do believe that Raps post is correct. I would call the state police and ask them. I know the city is highly regulated. I know cops who work for the city that have been denied pistiol permits. Hate that state and am so glad my family and I moved to NC.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Quote from: zelmo1 on June 02, 2019, 08:51:53 AM
Last time I traveled, drove not fly, to NY I called the fish and game and state police to make sure of all regs. They have a checklist that prohibits certain firearms, even shotguns. Flying is different I believe. Check NY and airlines. Speak to a real human and get their name. The more info you have the better off you are.

I am very familiar with NYC being crazy with their laws for sure, but talking with my friend he said there have also been cases of in in "Upstate" NY as well, that is the concerning part to me. We have no say in what happens here because we can't outvote NYC that is one of the reasons I so strongly support succession from NYC and they can have Albany and Schenectady as well.

I love my state, it has so much beauty and I could never live someplace without seasons. I however hate the state government.

I have family in OK and they want me to move there but I don't like it there, much to flat and much to hot, no colors in the fall and not enough snow in the winter and winter does not last long enough and I don't like the heat in NY let alone down South or out West, they are nice to visit but do not want to live there, well maybe Montana, I would love to see mountains before I die. Also to many people here I love.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

camotoe

Yankees **** and so does N Y - we are all in for it with the crazed libtards .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: camotoe on June 02, 2019, 09:38:32 AM
Yankees **** and so does N Y - we are all in for it with the crazed libtards .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am guessing you are talking baseball at first, I can't stand baseball. NY does not suck, the government in NY certainly does though.

John Koenig:

mikejd

NY gun laws are probably worse then California at this point. Even when you ask people who are supposed to know the law they are even confused. I am from NY but live in NJ. I still own property in NY where I hunt, I can not even bring any of my handguns to NY with me even though they are all legal in NJ and would be legal in NY if I lived there. Not only are the rules ridiculas they are confusing. Its only going to get worse now that the libs took over the whole state. Outside the city was always republican run but after this last election it all went lib. I do agree with Sir-Diealot, it is a great state. Tons of public land, beautiful seasons
great fishing. But the GOV does suck.

Spurs Up

TSA rules and hopefully enforcement of them should be the same throughout the U.S., shouldn't they?  In NYC airports, are declared firearms also routinely checked by State or local police?  If so, is that the case elsewhere? ???

tal

I support building a wall! But Mexico is fine, we need to build the wall around Sacramento and New York. LOL

Spitten and drummen

New York and California are 2 states I have no desire to ever venture to.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Yelper

I have flown for several hunting trips from Alabama to Wyoming and some other states, You cannot have the ammo in the same case as the firearm. The ammo and the firearm are kept separate for many reasons, but the most important one is that if someone got the firearm at least they would not get the ammo also.

I believe that to be the same as if traveling by vehicle, that the ammo and firearm are not suppose to be kept together.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Yelper on June 02, 2019, 03:58:31 PM
I have flown for several hunting trips from Alabama to Wyoming and some other states, You cannot have the ammo in the same case as the firearm. The ammo and the firearm are kept separate for many reasons, but the most important one is that if someone got the firearm at least they would not get the ammo also.

I believe that to be the same as if traveling by vehicle, that the ammo and firearm are not suppose to be kept together.

Incorrect. You can transport ammo in same case as firearm as long as it is properly stored. Flew with my gun this spring, opened case both times for Southwest and TSA called for my keys to inspect it once. Ammo was properly stored. No issues.

Yelper

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on June 02, 2019, 04:09:16 PM
Quote from: Yelper on June 02, 2019, 03:58:31 PM

Incorrect. You can transport ammo in same case as firearm as long as it is properly stored. Flew with my gun this spring, opened case both times for Southwest and TSA called for my keys to inspect it once. Ammo was properly stored. No issues.

I just looked it up and you are correct that you can check the gun and ammo in a hard case together. Must have changed since I flew last, but the airline had me put the ammo in a checked bag and the firearm in its hard case.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on June 02, 2019, 03:36:55 PM
I support building a wall! But Mexico is fine, we need to build the wall around Sacramento and New York. LOL
Not all of the state of NY most of it is great, just fence off NYC

John Koenig: