OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pickle goes 4 for 4 !!!!

Started by Yoder409, April 20, 2019, 02:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

After a rough ride on a windy morning and a pretty major set-up change, my best turkey huntin' buddy sealed the deal for the 4th youth day in a row.

Our original starting point was a long way from any of the gobbling birds we could hear.  Knowing we were in a good location, we stuck it out til around 8:00.  We decided to pull up and move about 600-700 yards up the ridge to put us on the same plane as the one group of birds we had heard from the limb.  But higher up was windier and made hearing rough.  But the first series I ran from my box at the new spot brought a group gobble from a few hundred yards away.  I wanted to close in but knew I had been heard and hoped the birds would show up before the noon quitting bell.  Called every so often and did manage one shouting match with a pee-ohed hen.  At 10;30, I was looking one way when Pickle whispers "Ahhhh..........Dad.........."   I glanced left and here comes 2 longbeards doing the mean walk, followed by a jake.  At 30-couple yards, the longbeards would not separate far enough for the longest time.  Add to that, Pickle was whispering that she wanted the strutter.........not the other one.............  I'd liked to have just had a heart attack on the spot !!!  After about a freakin' ETERNITY, the birds separated by a couple of feet and I told her "SHOOT THE STRUTTER.........NOW !!!!!! " 

And she did.

Tale of the tape is 23 lbs......... 9"........... 1" & 1"

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

spaightlabs

shoer2

tomstopper

That's awesome congrats to her and you

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

zsully

bobk

Congratulations  to you both.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Congratulations, that's awesome.

scoffman1

That is absolutely awesome!! I assume she shot it with her famous NEF single?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: scoffman1That is absolutely awesome!! I assume she shot it with her famous NEF single?

Maybe "INFAMOUS" by now...............................   ;D

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Happy

Congrats. Good going for you two

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

scoffman1

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 20, 2019, 05:00:16 PM
Quote from: scoffman1That is absolutely awesome!! I assume she shot it with her famous NEF single?

Maybe "INFAMOUS" by now...............................   ;D

You darn right INFAMOUS!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

zelmo1

kyturkeyhunter4

runngun

Awesome!!! Congratulations Pickle!!!

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.