OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pickle goes 4 for 4 !!!!

Started by Yoder409, April 20, 2019, 02:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

A lot easier on the eyes than most of us slobs who post...  And that smile is NOT fake.

Pretty bird, prettier girl...  GREAT JOB DAD!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Mtd69

congratulations to the young lady

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the young lady.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

owlhoot

Congrats to the young lady .  Nice bird and great pics there Dad.
Keep em coming

bear hunter

Happy

By the way Yoder, you daughter looks kinda.. what's the word? Smug, yeah smug is the word. Congrats again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: Happy on April 21, 2019, 04:16:15 PM
By the way Yoder, you daughter looks kinda.. what's the word? Smug, yeah smug is the word. Congrats again.

I am SO glad you picked up on that !!!!

Her first ever bird was a jake.  Her second bird was a 5 or 6 year old by my estimation.  Last year was likely a 4 or 5 year old.  After her first bird, she vowed she was done shooting jakes.  I told her that, if that was her decision, I was fine with it.  But, if she EVER changed her mind and lowered the boom on another jake, I was totally fine with that, too.

Well.............yesterday............not ONLY was she not shooting the jake that came in, but she was not shooting the bird (who was swinging a rope) that wasn't strutting............ !!!!!   My heart nearly pounded outta my chest for a couple minutes with two longbeards out front and her sitting there, ice water running through her veins, waiting for the strutter to present a good shot.  She could have downed the other longbeard 3 or 4 times with ease during the wait !!!

Her initials are S.L.S.    I told her after it was all over that I was changing her initials to C.L.S for "Cocky Little Snot".   ;D

She's at the wheel when she's turkey hunting and she knows it.

I wouldn't have it ANY other way !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

jmart241

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

POk3s

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Yoder409

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 23, 2019, 08:06:23 PM
Well done

Thank you sir.

There was a Gooserbat Heckler involved in that bird's demise.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spitten and drummen

Congrats! Way to get her done.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Prohunter3509

Nice job congratulations pickle

steveo

Way to go..... congrats on a fine Gobbler.