turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

North Carolinian Turkey Hunters

Started by NCSWAMPFOX, April 12, 2019, 10:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCSWAMPFOX

North Carolinian turkey hunters. Who is ready for tomorrow and what county are you in?
I will be in North Hampton and Hertford County and off the grid for next 4 weeks.
Good luck to all!

Fieldturkey

6shot

Yes I'm very ready and I'll be in either Yancey or Mitchell county . Maybe both before the day is over !

tomstopper

Columbus. Watched a total of 3 different Tom's this morning. Will be taking my 13 yr old daughter out with me so hopefully she will get a shot and take her second this year. Maybe after that, I might get a shot at one. Good luck everyone

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Craven county, hunting in Jones county.  Been scouting the last 3 weeks.  Seeing birds but they aren't as vocal as in years past.  Hope the rain holds off but I've got a backup plan if it doesn't.  Good Luck to you guys in NC and other states that are opening tomorrow as well.

NCSWAMPFOX

bbcoach,used to do a lot of hunting in craven county as my grandmothers family was from vanceboro .

mmorgan9812

NCbowjunkie

Rutherford and Polk for me to start then maybe Cleveland  good luck all

yelpy

Quote from: NCSWAMPFOX on April 12, 2019, 10:26:12 AM
North Carolinian turkey hunters. Who is ready for tomorrow and what county are you in?
I will be in North Hampton and Hertford County and off the grid for next 4 weeks.
Good luck to all!
Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Quote from: NCSWAMPFOX on April 12, 2019, 11:42:36 AM
bbcoach,used to do a lot of hunting in craven county as my grandmothers family was from vanceboro .
Love chasing these birds through the pine forests.  Good Luck Swampfox!

DerekDixon

no birds left in Cleveland county, think they went up north on vacation for the month.   

gunboy203

Wilson, Nash, Greene Counties....   Good luck to everyone...!!!!

Cut N Run

Durham, Granville, Orange, & Chatham for me.  Take no prisoners. Good Luck!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

bbcoach

God Blessed me with a bird at 710 this morning.  He gobbled at 7 from about 300 yards away and took a dirt nap at 710.  2 year old, about 19 lbs, 10 1/4 inch beard and 1 inch spurs.  Only gobbled 3 times on his way.  I gave him 1 series of yelps with the Hooks Executioner diaphragm and I never made another sound until I stopped him for the shot.  Hope the Rest of you NC guys had a GREAT day.