turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSDs Work on Panthers, Too

Started by CAPTJJ, March 26, 2019, 11:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Just....a once in a lifetime experience. Unforgettable to say the least! What a magnificent animal.

CAPTJJ

Glad you guys like them. Honestly, I never felt threatened, was more worried he would trash one of my decoys so I tired to scare him off but it didn' do much. I stood up and yelled waving my arms and he looked at me in my leafy suit like he had no idea what I was. Told him I didn't want to shoot him and he eventually walked off.

KHNC

OH, thats just an old barn yard cat! ;)

Rzrbac

Amazing the one North American animal I have yet to encounter. Congrats, rare critters to spot for sure.

Gobbler428

NCbowjunkie

Like said. Once in lifetime experience. Cool

boomer

Cool pictures

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

squidd

Had to get the heart racing - are you sure you're turkey call didn't sound like 'Here-Kitty-Kitty'

harleytom

Had a similar experience with a bald eagle trying to carry my hen decoy away.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

zsully

Cool pictures. Really neat encounter

randy6471

zelmo1

MK M GOBL

Awesome to see, we have coyotes, bobcat, and wolves in but very few cougars around. Have yet to see one...

MK M GOB:

albrubacker

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Marc

Quote from: harleytom on March 26, 2019, 07:16:32 PM
Had a similar experience with a bald eagle trying to carry my hen decoy away.

I have had plenty of animals come into my turkey decoys...  On two separate occasions I had coyotes coming in at the same time as a turkey, and tried to wave off the yotes...  They saw my hand motion and rushed me (to within yards if not feet of me) thinking my hand waving was prey... 

Had a bobcat actually jump a decoy...

Called in foxes, and even a racoon once...

But, to my knowledge I have never called in an animal that could eat me....  I hunt mountain lion country, and have seen plenty of tracks...  I have seen cougars while hunting, but have never had one come into the call  Still not sure if I want to?

I jumped one a couple years back in an abandoned isolated shack of sorts...  It skidded across the floor and when out a back door...  I was glad to be wearing brown pants that day.

As to the OP, that is a unique experience that would be worth the trip, and an experience that will be remembered far longer than harvesting a bird...  Awesome photo capture of the experience!

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.