OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSDs Work on Panthers, Too

Started by CAPTJJ, March 26, 2019, 11:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camotoe

I've had a couple visit me down here . There are plenty of panthers look at the numbers that get ran over each year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPTJJ

Here's a bobcat I called in 3 years ago, same WMA.

Cut N Run

Awesome encounter!  What a beautiful animal.  You can see in the second picture that the cat can't quite comprehend what the deal is with that decoy.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Mbhyman88

That's awesome.  I had a bobcat come in on me like that a couple years ago.  Crept in real slow finally got close enough to touch the decoy.  He then proceeded to put his paw out and touch the decoy.  It was at this point that the light bulb clicked on in his head and he realized this was all wrong and he needed to get out of there.  I have never seen an animal move so fast and I almost burst out laughing.

Wigsplitter

That's a great encounter and memory!! Glad you got the pics to go along with it!! Well done

bigbird

bear hunter

renegade19

Wow!  That is friggin awesome.  Bucket list item for me:  See a cougar in the wild.

Gobble!

Sixes

That would be hair raising but amazing

j.goebel

Wow that's crazy I would not hunt around there again!
Justin Goebel

CAPTJJ

Quote from: j.goebel on March 27, 2019, 06:01:44 PM
Wow that's crazy I would not hunt around there again!
Wouldn't have gotten an Osceola if I did that, was only day 3.

Yoder409

Quote from: Marc on March 26, 2019, 09:26:10 PM....  I hunt mountain lion country, and have seen plenty of tracks...  I have seen cougars while hunting, but have never had one come into the call  Still not sure if I want to?

This  ^^^

I've never seen one when hunting.  But the places I hunt Merriam's hold big cats.

Saw a track the one place that was made between the time I walked in (in the dark) and about 10:00 AM.

Another place holds quite a lot of them and the terrain is forbidding.  If one was bound to get in on you, you'd never know til he was RIGHT THERE.  Kinda gives me the craps...........   Sitting in cougar country............making noises like cougar food.............   If something's big enough to eat me, I wanna, at LEAST see it coming before it gets there.

I look behind me a good bit in cougar country.    :D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

AWESOME pics, BTW !!!!!!!!!

Pics of a lifetime !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

CAPTJJ

Thanks.

Not my first time hunting with big cats nearby. This was 1 year ago in the Pine Ridge in NE, locals had told me he was around then I saw his tracks in fresh snow one morning.