turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Turkey Vest???

Started by mduncan, March 25, 2019, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DumpTruckTurkey

ol tom is the best and lightest ive come by.

Big Jeremy

It's close between the tactical tat'r 2 and the RNG 300 for me. Currently running the 300, but it's close. It is a little bit lighter, and after one full season of use, I've had zero durability issues, but I believe since all I had used before was a more traditional vest, the tat'r still comes right there with it.

What I like most about the RNG 300 is how lightweight it is. I also like the ease of access to the pot calls. I've had no issues at all with them falling out, which I was afraid of. Even tried to get them to fall out, but couldn't.

As for the tat'r, it would be my favorite...if it had loops for extra shells. Why, Cabela's?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissLouHunter

HILBY72

Tater 2 and I just purchased the Ol Tom Easy Rider that I believe is going to be pretty good. I wish they would make the Tater 2 in Bottomland.

tha bugman

Quote from: HILBY72 on March 29, 2019, 02:46:51 PM
Tater 2 and I just purchased the Ol Tom Easy Rider that I believe is going to be pretty good. I wish they would make the Tater 2 in Bottomland.
Do they make the Easy Rider in Original Bottomland?

Dtrkyman

anyone have the alps impact vest?  details please!

Big Jeremy

Well, after running both the Tat'r and RNG 300 today, I do think I prefer the Tat'r. It's close. 

That being said, anyone interested in a lightly used RNG 300? Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j.goebel

Old Tom as well I think they are more comfortable then the rest and have pockets in the right places.
Justin Goebel

Illini Tom

like my ol tom time and motion strap vest. just the right amount of pockets in the right places
had it 5-6 years and its held up well.
finally got tired of the seat cushion coming loose and flapping against the back of my legs when making a move, so used a couple zip ties and a plastic clip to hold the seat up
i almost always carry a lounger or strut seat and use the vest cushion as a backrest anyways

bobk

For many years I used a Dixon vest.
I have switched to a Green's satchel and an very happy with it.

High plains drifter

Extremesolo

Lately I have downsized what I carry and I have gone from a vest to a fanny pack with shoulder straps and a side pocket.  I keep my flashlight, mouth calls and extra shells in the hip pocket and can easily get to everything else in the fanny pack.  It carries well, is relatively light and supports the weight nicely.  There is room for a water bottle, snack of some type, 3 pot calls, scratch tube, tube call, scratch box and a striker pouch.  I can strap a jacket to it if needed and I usually carry a small seat and decoy bag over my shoulder as well.

Spitten and drummen

My nomad with a few custom changes my wife did on her sewing machine. Happy with it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

lowcountry

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 01, 2019, 01:16:43 PM
My nomad with a few custom changes my wife did on her sewing machine. Happy with it.

If it weren't for the horrible seat cushion on the Nomad it would get my vote.