Favorite Turkey Vest???

Started by mduncan, March 25, 2019, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrcm7

Med student from MO

nyhunter

Super Elite 3

ezmorningrebel

Alps grand slam with the kickstand removed.

boomer

My Dixon vest. Been thinking about retiring it but haven't found one I like enough to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FLGobstopper

Ozarks Hillbilly

Still looking for the perfect vest. Started out vest less don't know if there was even such a thing back then. Of course all I had to carry was a cedar scratch box my father made for me along with a piece of blue carpenters chalk and a couple of extra shells. I could fit it all in the woodlands camo jacket my mother lovingly sewed together for me. First vest I think I bought was a Mossy Oak strap vest then Super Elite II then Super Elite III. Trying out a Nomad MG this year.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The Southpaw

My favorite that I have owned is the Super Elite 4.0. But with that being said, I would really love to get my hands on a Dixon.

Mbhyman88

Quote from: Chordeiles on March 26, 2019, 01:17:52 AM
Ol'Tom essentials vest. It's nice and light for long hikes. The only thing I don't like about it is the magnetic seat attachment. The magnet is a little weak. For high mileage hunts, I just leave the seat cushion in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same vest and like it but have the same issue.  Just wish the magnets were stronger.  Been thinking of trying the tat'r II or the alps grand slam without the frame but haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money when my vest works fine now.

Notsoyoungturk

Alps Long Spur.  Cooler than my other vests and holds everything I need.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

ugaDAWGS09

Quote from: turkeymanjim on March 26, 2019, 06:41:59 AM
Same here, super elite 4.0 NWTF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This. I love the layout and all the pockets

model94

Super Elite 3 & Tat'r 2 . It's  a tie

Dark Whiskey

Been hunting in a Dixon , but it's got so much stuff in it now it too heavy. I need to thin down all the stuff,,,lol

grayfox

Tactical Tat'r 2. It's by no means perfect but it is still my favorite. Right now I'm using a Tactical Tat'r 2 with the kickstand. I have a bad back & it helps me stay more comfortable with the back rest. It does take some time getting it adjusted properly but once you get it all right it's nice especially on longer sits. I had bought one a few years ago but got rid of it after a couple hunts with it. I should have spent more time getting it adjusted right & I probably would have kept it. I also bought a NWTF Alps Impact Vest before season that I like but I'm still not crazy about the pocket layout. I gave a friend of mine a brand new vest a while back & I still got 4 more in the closet. I might have an addiction problem. LOL

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Claybirdd