OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat Turkey Hunting Trivia Giveaway

Started by Gooserbat, March 06, 2019, 01:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drycreek

Turkey's can run up to 25 mph.
Thanks for the chance!!

Delmar ODonnell

Turkeys aren't native to many of the states in which we now have a thriving population. I read that the merriams in the black hills in South Dakota were a result of 3 different transplants of birds from New Mexico/Arizona. Crazy to think the population we have today is the result of the transfer of roughly 20 birds.

Sir-diealot

Sperm is stored in the body of a hen for several week after mating and repeated mating is not necessary for a clutch of fertile eggs.

Source Lovett E. Williams Jr.: Book of the Wild Turkey.

Thanks for the chance.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Upfold99

"A turkey can see a bumblebee turn a somersault on the verge of the horizon"

Archibald Rutledge

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

J.D. Shellnut

If a turkey comes in gets nervous and adjust his wings on his back you better be pulling the trigger!
60% of the time it works every time!

TrackeySauresRex

Turkeys have a keen sense of hearing and can pinpoint sounds from as far as a mile away. So..... If you call them they will come  :funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

eggshell

a gobblers age can not be accurately determined by his spurs or beard length. Gobblers are birds that are in there second full spring breeding season....of course jakes can be aged. You can make a reasonable estimate, but it's not a measurable certainty.

paboxcall

A turkey flock re-establishes its pecking order daily.

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Greg Massey

Male droppings are spiral - shaped. The larger the diameter the older the bird .... :OGturkeyhead:

zelmo1

If turkeys had a better sense of smell, we would all hate them even more

DP42912

A turkey gobble can be heard over a mile away....

Buckeye_Strutter_935

my first turkey gun was a new england firearm 410 and i killed a few not a bunch lol i loved missing school to chase those longbeards  :turkey2:
Feathers Fear Me

Lazy coyote

Pheasant roosters will come to turkey calling, and I've had some even display and drum for a hen turkey decoy.

Brighthd

Turkeys can see colors, can not control their sphincters to deficate and cannot smell. They can see and hear many times better than humans. My Aggie Veterinarian 3rd year student looked that up for me. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk