turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I love this place

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 28, 2019, 07:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

Good thread.  Thank you Shannon for creating and running this place.  Thanks to all the contributing members for sharing knowledge and lessons learned so others can benefit from it. Muchas gracias to the moderators who keep this place from coming off the rails. 

I love reading about gear, experiences, and techniques others share here used in pursuing America's greatest game bird.  It helps make me a better hunter and got me outfitted in the best equipment I can afford.  Being able to check in here any time of day from anywhere I happen to be and find others who share the addiction more than willing to keep a topic flowing is a great thing.  It takes one to know one.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

GobbleNut

Hate to break up the lovefest, but you guys really suck!  If this place wasn't here, I would have had hunnerts of hours to do something constructive with my life rather than come here and listen to you all yack about turkey huntin'.  I could have led a perfectly productive life,....but NOOOOO!  Here I am spendin' way too many hours on yet another day associatin' with a bunch of societal misfits.  Thanks a lot, YA'LL!!,...and especially to Shannon for startin' up all this mess!

Oh,...and I could name a whole bunch of you that have been a real pain in the a$$ (some more than others), but I don't want to go and hurt your wittle feelers!  !*&$*£&"! Old Gobbler!  Heck, I could'a been president if it weren't fir you guys!!   ;D :toothy12: :toothy9:

zelmo1

Learned and laughed a lot. Met some great people and made a few friends here. Great place for all levels, even mine, of turkey hunters to share info. I just got to teach a certain Georgia brother how to put his gun back in the truck before we go home. Thank you Shannon. You are a class guy with a great product here. Al Baker

2eagles

Seldom is heard a discouraging word....

NCL

I have had these sames thoughts throughout the past year. I found OG just about a year ago when I was looking for information on conditioning a call and now I spend every morning here. The thing that most impresses me, actually there are several instances, but the most is how mellow the conversations are and that there is only minor squabbles on very rare occasions. I am a moderator on a fly fishing site and there is constant conflict, so the lack of rancor is very impressive and I tribute to all who frequent OG. Thank you all all contributors, I have learned much, thank you the S and D for bringing up the subject and thank you to Shannon for the opportunity to be a guess here.

tha bugman

We ARE The Old Gobbler Family! ;D :you_rock:

Muzzy61

It's a great site. Everyone is helpful, very seldom that anyone is rude ( rare now a days).
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RED NECK

Great forum,been a member for 7 years and enjoy it more than any forum during the turkey off season. Lots of great call makers and some interesting stories.Nothing beats turkey hunting.Thanks.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

guesswho

Gobblenut, thanks for not mentioning any names.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ElkTurkMan

Yep OG is home!  I have always enjoyed this place!

Clydetaylor1

LOVE this site. Started at T&TH. Still miss there magazine.

1iagobblergetter

Great site that keeps the passion going from spring season to fall season and back to spring again. Alot of great, knowleagable,like minded members than are willing to help each other out. Not to mention all the good turkey hunting items you can pick up!!!
Thanks for all the work and time you put into this Shannon & Crew...

g8rvet

I gotta be honest, when I first signed up, after being directed here from a duck hunting site that I know a bunch of folks on, I was a little discouraged.  I checked in on the folks I knew, but there was some negativity and some folks lecturing others on their method of hunting.  I am proud to say that I stuck it out and let Mr. Shannon do his thing and weed out those folks (like 3 of them that irritated me to no end, all 3 are now long gone).  I enjoy the heck out of checking in here and have learned a bunch.  It is a positive and mostly supportive site.  Well done OG and without the core group of good folks posting, it would not be what it is, which is the best site on the internet for turkey hunting.

Now, let me tell you about a good load for shooting at birds at 60+ yards.................................................................................THERE AIN'T ONE!  :drool: :z-winnersmiley:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 28, 2019, 07:06:19 PM
Just sitting here thinking how addicted I am to turkey hunting.  This will be my 40th season God willing. We are really fortunate to have a forum like this to hang around. The knowledge with so many combined is unbelievable. When I started turkey hunting , only a few old timers chased them and they were not quick to share how to hunt them. A few magazines were circulating but for the most part you were self taught. For the most part everyone gets along great here. If you dont fit in you are weeded out unlike most other forums. I have met a lot of good folks here and made some good friends. If not for this site then that would never have happened. Thank you Shannon , mods and sponsors. Also thank you members for making this site what it is.
Amen!! this is a great place!!!!
Feathers Fear Me