News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buster'calls

Started by boatpaddle, February 28, 2019, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 11, 2019, 04:51:29 PM
Just got my second red slate in persimmon today. This one is over slate. Actually like it a little more than over glass. I did kill my first bird with the red over glass. Cant go wrong with any of his red slate combos imho. Both are very very realistic.
That they are. Now you need the aluminum soundboard.

I'll be ordering more calls from Buster for sure.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Buster told me up front that you cannot really tell the difference between the glass and the aluminum. He told me either glass or aluminum and slate would give you 2 different hens.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

How can u get in touch with buster
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

letinmfly

I asked Larry to make me a Persimmon red slate over a wood soundboard.  The call arrived today and it is outstanding.  I also have his red slate over glass and this one may be even better.
No matter which call you get from Larry you'll be extremely pleased it.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

JLH

Quote from: letinmfly on April 11, 2019, 06:42:53 PM
I asked Larry to make me a Persimmon red slate over a wood soundboard.  The call arrived today and it is outstanding.  I also have his red slate over glass and this one may be even better.
No matter which call you get from Larry you'll be extremely pleased it.

Thats hard to believe!!
His red slate/glass is a very impressive call.

letinmfly

Jeff guess you'll need to order one to find out for yourself.  Yes this is a subliminal message.  LOL
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

jed clampett

That subliminal message is working Lou!!

Tom Dooley

Does Larry have a Facebook page or website

idratherb

I don't like this thread being out there, now the secret is out  :-\

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: idratherb on April 12, 2019, 03:04:05 PM
I don't like this thread being out there, now the secret is out  :-\

No joke. Thanks for the heads up buddy. As far as realism , this call has it absolutely.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

yelpy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 11, 2019, 05:49:58 PM
Buster told me up front that you cannot really tell the difference between the glass and the aluminum. He told me either glass or aluminum and slate would give you 2 different hens.
I have all 3. All sound great. The aluminum does have a different sound just closer to the glass soundboard than the slate. I like all 3. I'll let the birds decide which they like best. I'm going to need a back pack just to carry Busters pots pretty soon.

JLH

Tom,
You can just set them around you like a drum kit....a striker in each hand and lean how to hold a striker between your toes.
You sound like a turkey brothel on a Saturday night!!!

yelpy

Quote from: JLH on April 12, 2019, 09:28:27 PM
Tom,
You can just set them around you like a drum kit....a striker in each hand and lean how to hold a striker between your toes.
You sound like a turkey brothel on a Saturday night!!!
I like that idea. I certainly have enough strikers for in between a few toes and fingers. Maybe even one for in my mouth too.

BTH

Larry's calls are the real deal! He built me a green slate over glass in a persimmon pot that sounds and runs like a scalded dog unbelievable realism in tone and finish
Phil 4:13

yelpy

Put Busters red slate to work this morning.
Here are the results. 22.2lb, 1" spurs, 9" beard. Was a great day in the turkey woods!!!

Thanks a mil Buster!!!!