OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buster'calls

Started by boatpaddle, February 28, 2019, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letinmfly

For you guys that like slate as a playing surface you'll need to get Larry's red slate in a Persimmon pot. It is killer!!  One of the best slates you'll ever hear. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Gen.27:3

Quote from: tomfooleryy on March 02, 2019, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: Gen.27:3 on March 02, 2019, 03:30:06 PM
I love pot calls, what is current wait time for one of his calls? Also, do you guys recommend the glass or slate the most?

His turnaround time has been very quick, within 2 weeks, of ordering for all calls I've gotten from him. I haven't tried his slate but really like his glass over slate and glass over aluminum

Thanks for the info!!
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Gobbler2577

Ok guys I really appreciate all the positive words.  Right now you can figure waiting a week or so before I can get a call on it's way to you.  That being said I have other responsibilities as well.  I work full time for the Ag. Research Service and I pastor a small Baptist church.  I do my best to stay caught up and intend to keep it that way.  The response has really been tremendous to my calls and I dont have the words to express my thanks to all who have bought calls and then bought more calls and called their buddies who have bought calls.....
I take very seriously the fact that a man has high expectations when a call is ordered and I do my very best to meet those expectations.  Our youth season starts here on the 8th and the regular season starts the 15th and I have a 10 year old who expects his daddy to take him hunting as much as possible.  It is a fact that the wait will be a bit longer when season opens but I will do all I can to get calls out as quickly as possible.  Thank you all again.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

yelpy

My haul from Buster and, they are all full of the finest turkey talk. I'll be ordering some more.

Thank you Buster!!!!!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

JLH

Holy moly!!!

Now I know why he gets backed up...he's making them all for you...lol

yelpy

How many calls does one man need?

Just one more as Larry from Midway USA would say. LOL!

More to come for sure. I'm just getting started.

Spitten and drummen

Ive got a second red slate on the way from him. I have 2 slates , 2 glass and a crystal already. Killed a 3 year old with the red a week ago. I would hunt any of his pots. In my opinion they are pure meat calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

yelpy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 01, 2019, 08:06:46 PM
Ive got a second red slate on the way from him. I have 2 slates , 2 glass and a crystal already. Killed a 3 year old with the red a week ago. I would hunt any of his pots. In my opinion they are pure meat calls.
I sure am looking forward to hunting them.

Spitten and drummen

Turkey killers for sure
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

jed clampett

All I am hunting this year are Larry's calls!!

Harty

Quote from: yelpy on April 01, 2019, 01:37:37 PM
My haul from Buster and, they are all full of the finest turkey talk. I'll be ordering some more.

Thank you Buster!!!!!

What wood lower row left and right please? I like it

Gobbler2577

Quote from: Harty on April 03, 2019, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: yelpy on April 01, 2019, 01:37:37 PM

Thank you Buster!!!!!

What wood lower row left and right please? I like it
Canarywood.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Gog1015

Just got 2 more pots from Buster, a red slate/persimmon and green slate/canary and these are both fantastic! They will be riding from Alabama to Texas in the morning. If you don't have these or his Osage glass/slate I would seriously think about ordering them.

Thanks for recommending these combos guys!

yelpy

Quote from: Gog1015 on April 09, 2019, 09:54:45 PM
Just got 2 more pots from Buster, a red slate/persimmon and green slate/canary and these are both fantastic! They will be riding from Alabama to Texas in the morning. If you don't have these or his Osage glass/slate I would seriously think about ordering them.

Thanks for recommending these combos guys!
You picked up some fine pots!!! Lots of luck with them. I'll be toting a few around too. Cant wait to get them to the woods!

Spitten and drummen

Just got my second red slate in persimmon today. This one is over slate. Actually like it a little more than over glass. I did kill my first bird with the red over glass. Cant go wrong with any of his red slate combos imho. Both are very very realistic.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"