turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for a new box call

Started by low2497, February 19, 2019, 12:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

low2497

Im looking to pick up a quality box call for this coming season. I've been trying to decide between the Halloran Purple Heart/Cedar or the Rolling Thunder Game Calls Undercut Box Call. There are videos of both of these calls on Youtube and they both sound sweet.

Anyone who has had experience with either of these calls care to chime in?

wvmntnhick

Get yourself an SS or Josh Farley box. I've got a Mabry box I might be willing to part with if you've got anything to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Contact T J Johnson and get you a good custom call... Get yourself on Marlin Watkins or Jeff Mckamey list ...

TauntoHawk

Hallorans boxes are very user friendly with the heavy lids i really like my purpleheart/Cedar, SS Customs are great too for an exceptional price on his field grade, Farley is another good recommendation. you can certainly spend a lot more but you don't have to either to kill a bunch of birds if you'd like to keep it to a certain budget
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

zelmo1

Don't have either of those box calls. I do however have 2 Spring Creek box calls and will never need any more. Long box and short box are both awesome. I also have 2 scratch boxes I like very much. Maybe give them a look. Just my  :z-twocents:

low2497

So would ya'll say the SS and Spring Creek both sound better than Hallorans?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 19, 2019, 09:29:07 AM
Don't have either of those box calls. I do however have 2 Spring Creek box calls and will never need any more. Long box and short box are both awesome. I also have 2 scratch boxes I like very much. Maybe give them a look. Just my  :z-twocents:
Mike does make a great box. Hard to beat for the money. Like mine plenty.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: low2497 on February 19, 2019, 09:32:34 AM
So would ya'll say the SS and Spring Creek both sound better than Hallorans?
I'd say you're definitely getting more bang for your buck with both of them. Sound is based on the hunter. However, I've had two halloran boxes. Still have my spring creek and SS. YMMV

low2497

Interesting. I will definitely check SS out. I wish I could get more feedback on the Rolling Thunder Undercut. I found it for $65 and the one youtube video I found on it, it sounded like all hen

bbcoach

Give Mike a call at 269 223-3621 and have him play a few for you.  Hard to beat Spring Creek short boxes both for the money and talking turkey.

low2497

sixbird

low2497

May end up doing the right thing and just picking up both the Rolling Thunder and the Spring Creek! Can't beat the price of the Spring Creek calls

Gog1015

TJ Johnson and Marlin Watkins list