turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Advantage Classic Camo

Started by tjh24, February 17, 2019, 11:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjh24

Old school is back in style! One of my favorite patterns is Advantage classic.  I thought maybe with the popularity of original bottomland, I could find one, but I have it. It's a tremendous pattern for the open hardwood ridges we hunt early in the PA season.  I have looked everywhere.... does anyone out there happen to have a button down shirt they would be willing to part with? I need an XL.  It's a long shot I know, but I figured someone out there might have one. Thanks  guys!

paboxcall

I agree, I think it was the best pattern for breaking up an outline for any hardwoods. Saw it myself many times.

Go to ebay, search: camo advantage

Tons of vintage camo clothing being sold there.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Spurs

I just got a MO full foliage and fall foliage jacket.  Also got the fall foliage pants.  Love this old scholl stuff for sure.
This year is going to suck!!!

tjh24

I've been watching eBay for weeks... a few on there, but haven't been my size! I'll keep watching though

Chordeiles

Advantage camo has always been my favorite for hunting the mountains here in western Virginia.
Sorry. I don't have any to sell.
Good luck.

coyote1

Always liked advantage. A lot better than most patterns these days.

tjh24

Seems I'm not the only one! I guess camo companies need to make money ... but they never needed to change that one! I wish they'd bring it back

paboxcall

Quote from: coyote1 on February 17, 2019, 11:38:44 AM

Agree, and Advantage looked awesome on the guns dipped with that pattern.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

coyote1

Quote from: tjh24 on February 17, 2019, 11:48:38 AM
Seems I'm not the only one! I guess camo companies need to make money ... but they never needed to change that one! I wish they'd bring it back

I wish they would.i would wear it for turkey and deer hunting. I only have one heavy shirt and a kwikee quiver in the pattern now.

I agree. The guns look sweet in advantage.

turkey_slayer

I have a Beretta I bought in the 90s in that pattern. I've lost it a few times laying it on the ground

tjh24

I tried to have my Benelli dipped in advantage, but apparently realtree doesn't offer it . My buddy has an old 870 with the original advantage and it's awesome!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: tjh24 on February 17, 2019, 01:38:29 PM
I tried to have my Benelli dipped in advantage, but apparently realtree doesn't offer it . My buddy has an old 870 with the original advantage and it's awesome!
My brother has been hunting with one for years. Last year I found one on gunbroker for 225$ The gun is like new!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

CALLM2U

Quote from: paboxcall on February 17, 2019, 11:49:04 AM
Quote from: coyote1 on February 17, 2019, 11:38:44 AM

Agree, and Advantage looked awesome on the guns dipped with that pattern.

I have an 870 dipped in Advantage and it's one of my favorite guns to this day.

Turkeyman62

I have a brand new set Avantage camo . Never worn old school fleece polar tuff. Jacket is a 2x and the pants are a 38 in waist.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

ShootingABN!

Hands down an amazing camo. The basic Advantage however it looked basic. Then they had the Advantage HD, RealTree finally dropped it. The regular Advantage was probably taking away to much sales from the HD camo patterns...