turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Florida

Started by WW, February 13, 2019, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

For those of you that are there, are the birds on fire yet? I would guess they are with 80 plus degree days for several weeks.

joeturkey

No, it's been raining here a lot and below normal temperature.

FL-Boss

In N Florida they were on fire yesterday and a few days last week when I went out to listen.
We haven't had any real winter ..way above average temps overall. But it's been real wet.

rdjustham

Last week they were hammering just before daylight.

cracker4112

Our place down south they have been at it since deer season.

joeturkey

This picture was taken on February 3 lot's of water.

WW

Quote from: joeturkey on February 13, 2019, 03:43:24 PM
This picture was taken on February 3 lot's of water.

No doubt!

Ross R

You can add some more water to it after yesterday.  I am going to have to wear my waders. 

ddturkeyhunter

I was told by my friend down there that this year there was a lot of water again. First year every in Florida turkey huntingin 2009. The WMA I was hunting it was as dry as could be, could walk anywhere. When I came back in 2010 the water was back, and also the local gators. This guy really didn't want me walking down his trail to go back out of the woods. And I had to have walk past him in the dark coming in, and that was with out a light. Well the next morning I used a light to walk through that area. And my local friends down there sure had fun giving this yankee a bad time about being scared of the little lizard. That camp fire talk is as important as shooting any turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on February 14, 2019, 10:26:16 AM

I was told by my friend down there that this year there was a lot of water again. First year every in Florida turkey huntingin 2009. The WMA I was hunting it was as dry as could be, could walk anywhere. When I came back in 2010 the water was back, and also the local gators. This guy really didn't want me walking down his trail to go back out of the woods. And I had to have walk past him in the dark coming in, and that was with out a light. Well the next morning I used a light to walk through that area. And my local friends down there sure had fun giving this yankee a bad time about being scared of the little lizard. That camp fire talk is as important as shooting any turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The little chunks of logs in the first picture was what i was throwing at him to get him to get out of the trail. He didn't really want to move.

rdjustham

We got a bunch of rain yesterday, but other than that its been fairly dry where i go.  But come about may it will be a lake.

Ross R

Yeah it was super dry until about 2 weeks ago.

rdjustham

Ross R

joeturkey

This is a picture of a road in a wma in South Florida this morning normally you could drive a 4x4 truck down this road but NOT today it rained all day yesterday.