Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use a Tactacam, GoPro, or other video recording device while hunting?

Started by notsure, February 03, 2019, 11:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsure

Several times I've thought about purchasing one of these cameras but never followed through. If you have any experiences (positive or negative), I'd appreciate your opinions.

fallhnt

Tactacam.....good video and app compatibility. Been using them since they first came out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

wchadw

I used a GoPro 3. It couldn't zoom. Turkeys looked like tiny black dots sound was terrible . I upgraded it getting $100 off to the 7. It's definitely better. It has zoom and sound is much better. Still no great. I think to get decent footage you need something like a Sony handicam or something like that on a tripod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Use the IKAM sunglasses sometimes. Not high quality but let's me relive some hunts. This year, I might try our video camera if my daughter hunts with me

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Spurs

Check out the Sony action cam.  I did a bunch of research on them before I decided to go with regular camcorder.  Better quality, no fish eye, zoom, anti vibration, the list goes on.  Several side by side comparisons on YT.
This year is going to suck!!!

BB30

I used a go pro for a bit when they first came out. I wasn't a huge fan was a bit of a hassle.

Am considering getting an actual camera and you can find some decent deals online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

I/We use Tactacam / GoPro and (2)Canon Vixia HF G30 and Canon XA 30.

Really depends on what your looking to do?
The GoPro (B-roll) only serves as a "selfie" cam...(don't like the "fisheye" out of the one we have) The Tactacam catches all of our hunter perspective (B-roll).

I have a Canon Vixia HF G30, 2 buddies I film with have the others. These capture all of our main footage.

Here's my set up!

MK M GOBL

Fullfan

Have used GoPro's and never cared for them. A stutter at 30 yards looked like a lil black spot at 100 yds. Tactacam 4.0 is the way to go. Only problem with the gun mounted camera is the recoil. it is imposable to stay on the target for just a few seconds after the shot.
Don't gobble at me...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 03, 2019, 11:12:11 PM

The GoPro (B-roll) only serves as a "selfie" cam...(don't like the "fisheye" out of the one we have) The Tactacam catches all of our hunter perspective (B-roll).

I have a Canon Vixia HF G30, 2 buddies I film with have the others. These capture all of our main footage.

Here's my set up!

MK M GOBL
How expensive was your case for the equipment? I have a silver case with foam in it but can't find replacement foam for it to cut to what I want.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Muzzy61

Quote from: fallhnt on February 03, 2019, 12:01:34 PM
Tactacam.....good video and app compatibility. Been using them since they first came out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got one for Christmas, going to try this year.  Do you use the gun mount?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 04, 2019, 10:10:24 AM

Here's my set up!

MK M GOBL
How expensive was your case for the equipment? I have a silver case with foam in it but can't find replacement foam for it to cut to what I want.

I can look into it, it's a Pelican. I'll look up Model # when I get back home and pricing. They are excellent cases!

MK M GOBL

misfire

I have used the GoPro's and others as well as a different version of the Tactacam. Last year I got the Tactacam 4.0 and was really impressed with sound and video quality. I also use a Sony Handycam
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Like others have said, turkeys look like a small black dot at close range. They do record decent audio.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 04, 2019, 12:31:10 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 04, 2019, 10:10:24 AM

Here's my set up!

MK M GOBL

I can look into it, it's a Pelican. I'll look up Model # when I get back home and pricing. They are excellent cases!

MK M GOBL
Thanks, my system is nothing like yours but I would not have it if I had not won it and I want to protect it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 04, 2019, 06:48:49 PM
Thanks, my system is nothing like yours but I would not have it if I had not won it and I want to protect it.

I have a Pelican 1450 Case, looks to go for around $100.00

MK M GOBL