Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use a Tactacam, GoPro, or other video recording device while hunting?

Started by notsure, February 03, 2019, 11:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 04, 2019, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 04, 2019, 06:48:49 PM
Thanks, my system is nothing like yours but I would not have it if I had not won it and I want to protect it.

I have a Pelican 1450 Case, looks to go for around $100.00

MK M GOBL
Thanks, will go try to find on online.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

HILBY72

Run Cam , there's a site that sells them with a zoom lens they install. The site is called brain exploder merch. There is I believe three different versions.

fallhnt

Quote from: Muzzy61 on February 04, 2019, 10:48:39 AM
Quote from: fallhnt on February 03, 2019, 12:01:34 PM
Tactacam.....good video and app compatibility. Been using them since they first came out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got one for Christmas, going to try this year.  Do you use the gun mount?
Yes....just got the newest gun mount. Big improvement over the old one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

BennieGobbler

I have a camera that mounts to your hat bill...Been using it to rabbit hunt...Provides a wide view....No zoom....Kinda simple but cant wait to try it out this spring.   its call Lid Cam.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

tha bugman

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 03, 2019, 11:12:11 PM
I/We use Tactacam / GoPro and (2)Canon Vixia HF G30 and Canon XA 30.

Really depends on what your looking to do?
The GoPro (B-roll) only serves as a "selfie" cam...(don't like the "fisheye" out of the one we have) The Tactacam catches all of our hunter perspective (B-roll).

I have a Canon Vixia HF G30, 2 buddies I film with have the others. These capture all of our main footage.

Here's my set up!

What is the weight of the  Canon Vixia HF G30?

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Quote from: tha bugman on February 05, 2019, 11:06:23 AM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 03, 2019, 11:12:11 PM
I/We use Tactacam / GoPro and (2)Canon Vixia HF G30 and Canon XA 30.

Really depends on what your looking to do?
The GoPro (B-roll) only serves as a "selfie" cam...(don't like the "fisheye" out of the one we have) The Tactacam catches all of our hunter perspective (B-roll).

I have a Canon Vixia HF G30, 2 buddies I film with have the others. These capture all of our main footage.

Here's my set up!

What is the weight of the  Canon Vixia HF G30?

MK M GOBL

Weight is about 2lbs with battery and mic, camera is pretty light. My tripod gets heavy...

MK M GOBL

notsure

Thanks for all of the helpful responses. It's greatly appreciated.

aclawrence

I've got a go pro hero 5. I've had some real issues with the sound. I think you just about have to use an external mic to get any usable audio.  It was a gift so I'm grateful for that but I think if I was to go buy a camera I would go with some thing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Quote from: aclawrence on February 07, 2019, 10:24:00 PM
I've got a go pro hero 5. I've had some real issues with the sound. I think you just about have to use an external mic to get any usable audio.  It was a gift so I'm grateful for that but I think if I was to go buy a camera I would go with some thing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We pretty much dumped all our go pros except one for the "selfie" shot (Only good for "B roll"). The go pro were never designed for us as hunter's, we used them because that's what was out there... They were designed around extreme sports for "YouTube" sharing. Now get yourself into a Tactacam for a Hunter perspective camera and way better footage!

MK M GOBL