turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lookin for a new pot call? Money no object

Started by Bigeclipse, January 18, 2019, 08:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeclipse

Looking for a high end pot call. What's out there and what brands do you recommend?

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

HookedonHooks

If money is no object, buy the Platz Glass that's in the classifieds. You'll have a hard time finding a better glass call than one from Paul.

On the other hand, you can get plenty of calls that will still kill turkeys for a lot less money from other makers.

Greg Massey

Check out Mark Cornelius, Nathan Taylor, David Halloran for good hunting pot call... all 3 have won awards and have reasonable prices ....

Turkz39

Bigeclipse

Quote from: davisd9 on January 18, 2019, 08:44:34 AM
Hunting or collecting?

good point I should have specified this is dedicated for hunting only. I do not care about looks but only craftsmanship (last long assuming I take care of it) and how it sounds.

davisd9

Loftis Crystal Screamer would be my first choice.  Lonzo acrylic glass or slate should be killer, any Lonzo really.  Misfire had a smoking ceramic at Unicoi that would be a turkey killer.  I am wanting to try a TJ Johnson Pot, all I have heard is great things.  His boxes are smoking. 

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 18, 2019, 09:17:15 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on January 18, 2019, 08:44:34 AM
Hunting or collecting?

good point I should have specified this is dedicated for hunting only. I do not care about looks but only craftsmanship (last long assuming I take care of it) and how it sounds.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

letinmfly

If you're looking for a really good hunting call and don't want to break the bank get a hold of Larry Halford, Gobbler2577 on here.  I just received one of his glass over slate pots and I can honestly say that this call is one the easiest running calls and best sounding calls I've ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands.  In the 100's of pots I've owned I would rank Larry's in the top 5.  Highly recommend him. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

MK M GOBL

For a hunting call I would have a CODY Slate in the World Class or Spec 1 Legend. I have both and these calls have so much turkey built into them all you need to do is unleash it!

Been hunting my CODY World Class Slate for better than 20 years and the call is a killer!!

MK M GOBL

dirt road ninja

I've been very happy with Lights Out pots. Most of his calls are in the 50-70 range, and his strikers are very good. As with a lot of things, just because it cost more doesn't make it better.

mudhen

Light's Out - slate over glass

Sinclair - Ti

Kaiser Kalls - slate over glass, crystal...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Happy hooker

wvlimbhanger

Thanks for the recommendation Greg.

If you have any questions on my pots shoot me a PM Bigeclipse

Nathan

NeverRoosting

Quote from: HookedonHooks on January 18, 2019, 08:50:33 AM
If money is no object, buy the Platz Glass that's in the classifieds. You'll have a hard time finding a better glass call than one from Paul.

On the other hand, you can get plenty of calls that will still kill turkeys for a lot less money from other makers.

The newer Platz are on a different level than those older ones.