OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lookin for a new pot call? Money no object

Started by Bigeclipse, January 18, 2019, 08:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS Boy

Quote from: Happy hooker on January 18, 2019, 02:00:29 PM
Bigeclipse
The platz sold,,was it you???
Nope it was me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 18, 2019, 11:11:49 AM
For a hunting call I would have a CODY Slate in the World Class or Spec 1 Legend. I have both and these calls have so much turkey built into them all you need to do is unleash it!

Been hunting my CODY World Class Slate for better than 20 years and the call is a killer!!

MK M GOBL
Bottomland 54 , has been trying for year to get one of these , and they want even return his calls...

Gobbler2577

Quote from: letinmfly on January 18, 2019, 09:46:15 AM
If you're looking for a really good hunting call and don't want to break the bank get a hold of Larry Halford, Gobbler2577 on here.  I just received one of his glass over slate pots and I can honestly say that this call is one the easiest running calls and best sounding calls I've ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands.  In the 100's of pots I've owned I would rank Larry's in the top 5.  Highly recommend him.
Lou,
I appreciate your comments and I would be happy to build anyone a call.
Larry "Buster" Halford

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

You cant go wrong with a Yingling. He makes beautiful and great sounding calls for an affordable price. You can find some of his work in this forum.

ferocious calls

Yingling or Rupert. All you need for pots.

tomfooleryy

Can't go wrong with any of the calls these guys have mentioned.

Spitten and drummen

Another guy not mentioned yet is mark. He goes by footballer on here. Have several of his calls and they are players. Larry who has buster calls also makes a great sounding pot. These 2 guys make a great sounding pot that is very reasonably priced. You can pay more for some other pot calls but sometimes just because they cost twice as much , does not mean they are better sounding.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 18, 2019, 03:56:58 PM
For a hunting call I would have a CODY Slate in the World Class or Spec 1 Legend. I have both and these calls have so much turkey built into them all you need to do is unleash it!

Been hunting my CODY World Class Slate for better than 20 years and the call is a killer!!

MK M GOBL
Bottomland 54 , has been trying for year to get one of these , and they want even return his calls...

I hear this from time to time, don't know either Debbie or Bill always get back to me. I know he gets busy making calls and know it's no excuse... guess I would call and ask for Debbie and she can put a bug in his ear.

All I can say I know Bill's calls are worth the wait!

MK M GOBL

Spitten and drummen

I have both a world class and a spec1 , both slates. I have a ton of pot calls and will say they both are 2 of the best slate surfaces that are really top notch. I have several custom calls that cant touch those 2.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

Money is no object is a good way to get robbed. Not saying you will but be careful. There's so many good makers. Mac n Halloran already named are good ones,  Lonzo, Schafer, (get the atomic 13) etc etc. one guy no one mentions that's way too cheap cause his calls are awesome is Dustin Jones. Now if money isn't an issue why buy one really expensive call? Not one really expensive call succeeds every time. Matter of fact quite often it's the opposite. Some call you brought w you just because you had a spare pocket and weren't afraid to lose is the hero time n time again.
Get a few good calls instead of one overpriced one. You'll have more to throw at em.

yelpaholic

I've spent a lot of money on turkey calls over the years. Have calls by a lot of the ones mentioned here. But as far as a hunting call it's hard to beat an older sneed outlaw hen or Schaffer aluminum. Every turkey hunter will have different opinions about what they like.  Doug Morgan an Bill Lyman also make it in my vest, but they are a little harder to come by .

PEte_A

Quote from: Bowguy on January 19, 2019, 05:40:41 AM
one guy no one mentions that's way too cheap cause his calls are awesome is Dustin Jones.

Ain't that the truth. I've got a walnut crystal over glass rom Dustin that is a very fine call

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 18, 2019, 10:35:56 PM

MK M GOBL

I hear this from time to time, don't know either Debbie or Bill always get back to me. I know he gets busy making calls and know it's no excuse... guess I would call and ask for Debbie and she can put a bug in his ear.

MK M GOBL
I figured id see what all the hype was about so I called and talked to her over a year ago and got on the list,but still haven't heard anything back. I figure if my name ever comes up it comes up. I have other calls that have worked for years.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 22, 2019, 09:00:25 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 18, 2019, 10:35:56 PM

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL
I figured id see what all the hype was about so I called and talked to her over a year ago and got on the list,but still haven't heard anything back. I figure if my name ever comes up it comes up. I have other calls that have worked for years.

I know when I bought my first in 1996 I was at a show in 1995 and order it that fall, and came in the spring before season. A friend bought me my SPEC 1 Legend and she said she ordered it well before the spring season to get this for and didn't know if it would arrive in time for my first hunt that year.

It did! and used it for a "Learn to Hunt" Program first and killed with the young lady :) and killed a dozen that year in total!
Piper's first bird and my first with the "Legend"

MK M GOBL

Gooserbat

I'll pimp myself and tell you to check out my Gooserbat High Standard line of pots.  Seriously even if I didn't build them I'd have to admit that these are the shelf calls.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.