OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Diaphragm Call?

Started by Last Strut Calls, April 25, 2011, 11:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Strut Calls

Just curious as to what everyone's favorite is?
Kevin

savduck

Brand or Cut. I have several brands that make calls that I like. Dave Halloran, Blodgett, Martins Brothers, Quaker boy and Knight N hale.

Style of cut.............3 reed cutter or 2 reed batwin. both with latex over prof.
Georgia Boy

Longbeardfever4ever

Dan Kendall Calls-  black latex batwing over 2 prophylactic reeds. I do all my contest yelping with that call. Hunting as well.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

PureGold

I have a few Halloran calls I like. But I thin I like my: Legacy "Reel Dill" the most. I have 5 of them in the packages just so I don't run out. I hope they never stop making them.

SKFOOTER

Last Strut Calls

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on April 26, 2011, 06:58:26 AM
Dan Kendall Calls-  black latex batwing over 2 prophylactic reeds. I do all my contest yelping with that call. Hunting as well.

Thanks I just bought a few of his

Last Strut Calls

Quote from: PureGold on April 26, 2011, 07:48:14 AM
I have a few Halloran calls I like. But I thin I like my: Legacy "Reel Dill" the most. I have 5 of them in the packages just so I don't run out. I hope they never stop making them.
I bought that legacy call and a few of halorans! Thanks!

Devastator

hooks devastator or executioner for me...

gobbler336

i keep telling folks but nobody listens, thad bright the owner of feather ridge calls out of ohio makes my absolute favorite turkey killingest diaphram i have ever run, can't beat him for service either.  i hunt long and hard and i can ususally get about 3 good years out of one.

Trevor2

Haven't tried all the Hooks line yet but I love my Hooks persuador!
Strutstopper

runngun

Hillbilly custom calls, White Lightening and mountain dew and no that aint a drink, guess it coud be tho
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

troutfisher13111

It changes from year to year, but this year it's a Tom Teasers "cracked corn".

davisd9

Thanks to 2ounce6s I was turned on to the XT Havoc and boy have they been good to me.  My favorite is the XT Havoc hands down!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TauntoHawk

I just keep trying new calls and cuts its a bad habit

My top are

Hooks executioner, executioner II, Devastator
Halloran TKO
Sadler McGraw 2.5 reed ghost cut

But I will probably but another 50 next year haha
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wvcurlytop

Billy Yargus's Final Touch is my favorite this year.  I also like the cane creek CC smoker.  Turkey calls are my drug though, and I am always buying new ones to try.  If I find a different one, it is hard for me not to buy and try it.  My wife will tell you I've spent a small fortune on buying them..  Haha..