OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Diaphragm Call?

Started by Last Strut Calls, April 25, 2011, 11:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

I also like the Pittman "black diamond".

WildTigerTrout

Wilbur Primos entire line of stacked frame(Piggyback) calls. My favorites are the "True Double" and "True Triple". I killed my 2012 gobbler here in Pa. after a duel that lasted in excess of two hours with the "True Triple".
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Big Timber

KYFrid

The Tomb Bomb- Houndstooth Game Calls   :funnyturkey:

thundrchikin

kenturkey89

I bought the hooks executioner II this year and really liked it, but I usually use a woodhaven red scorpion or copperhead. 
Brian

eddie234

I like the Quakerboy screamin green old boss hen and the twin hen from Martin brothers, seeing how's I live really close the peck martin's shop I can experiment till my hearts content.

jbrown

For yrs, its been Billy Whites V cuts, last few yrs a woodhaven copperhead creeped in.......this yr Houndstooth V cuts all the way, Lyle makes awesome mouth yelpers!!!!

bird

Houndstooth all day long. Dixie Combo and Modified V 3. Reed although I like the all.  I have 8 different Houndstooth and I've found every one of them to sound great and easy to use. Plus Lyle is just a plain down right great guy to deal with and to talk to.

TauntoHawk

Looking back at this past season Id say the calls that saw the most time was

1. hooks Devestator 65%
2. Halloran TKO 22%
3. Hooks executioner I and II 10%
others 3%

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ded Goblr

Hooks Executioner 2, it also makes a pretty good elk bugle!!

troutfisher13111

Quote from: Ded Goblr on May 24, 2012, 01:32:38 PM
Hooks Executioner 2, it also makes a pretty good elk bugle!!

I just got one of those in the mail yesterday. For me it was very raspy, too raspy for my liking.

DeWayne Knight

I've got a selection of diaphragms from Lyle at Houndstooth Game calls, but my two favorites are the Tom Bomb, and the All Pro.

eddie234

Billy Yargus's Final Touch, I just picked this one up yesterday and played with it today. It is a nice sounding call and easy to use.

Crawdad

Hope i'm welcome here, just thought I would add my favorite. There is a man in Rison Arkansas named Bobby Bridges that makes a call he calls Yellow Yelper in about 10 different versions, I have never used any better. Tape is so thin & flexable you can't even tell it in your mouth. $6.00 bucks.