OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo

Started by Bowguy, December 11, 2018, 04:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Each year guys some sweat the perfect pattern. It doesn't matter guys. Turkeys walk up to lots of things that don't match or aren't camoflauged even close. Ask any blind guy how easily they approach an even fresh blind that doesn't match the cut corn they're in.
Anyway something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Agreed it is not a have to have item. It does help some though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bowguy

I agree it does help some. Just not to the extent some worry about it.

Gobble!

Its all personnel preference. I believe I look the coolest in new bottomland.

Gooserbat

I've started wearing more leafy suits which makes the pattern it's self unrecognizable. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bobk

Years ago I wore a brown chore coat, work pants and a brown hat and gloves. Never had a problem with getting close to turkeys or archery deer if I stayed absolutely still and set up in a good location.
I do believe that camo does help, but staying still and setting up in a good location is necessary.

daddyduke

Nothing like having a little extra protection with things don't go as planed.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

guesswho

I don't see any wheels on his bow either.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

nyhunter

If camo really mattered the big highfalutin camo companies and hunting clothing manufacturers like Under Armour, Nomad, Realtree, Mossy oak, just to name a few ,  wouldn't put neon yellow,green, pink,  blaze orange logo's, highlight's, accents, pin striping all over there clothes. I've never understood there reasoning for that. 

Sir-diealot

As I have said before, I make it look so sexy though!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

Quote from: guesswho on December 11, 2018, 01:53:18 PM
Ain't none on mine either

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on December 11, 2018, 05:47:40 PM
Quote from: guesswho on December 11, 2018, 01:53:18 PM
Ain't none on mine either
He always said compounds threw off his timing because he was a snap shooter.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Camo isn't that big of a deal , patience's and knowing how to play the game with the right cadence. Sometimes  all of this doesn't help and you get to try another day ... It's just turkey hunting ...

Bowguy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on December 11, 2018, 05:39:58 PM
As I have said before, I make it look so sexy though!
Funny, thanks for the laugh this morning

davisd9

Grandpa may have wore plaid and overalls but many times that is all he had.  Can you kill any game without camo, of course.  Camo just helps to cut outlines and helps break down on seeing movement.  No matter what you wear you have to sit still but you have to sit a little more still without the camo.  Most people these days do not have the patience to sit as still as Grandpa did.  I bet many of those Grandpa's would have loved to have a little more camo so they could have had a bit more advantage on their side.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer