OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast Fire 3

Started by HILBY72, November 27, 2018, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Guys don't quote me on this but the site is made in the Philippines. The rest of the scopes aren't. I don't know for sure if Burris actually makes it or it's outsourced. Burris is a good company all in all. I'll say it again except that red dot. If someone had good luck w it, God bless em.
My brother has a cheap $60 red dot on an ulti mag. Think tru glo made it.  Prob been on there over 10 years w no issues. I'd not recommend that either but he got lucky so far

Bowguy

My correction. Cabelas shows it for less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

That is a good price for the FF3, keep your eye on Ebay, I gave 162.00 for a new FF3 last spring and free shipping. I have 2 on them and have hunted them in the rain and snow, never had a problem.
Don't gobble at me...

sixbird

Quote from: Gobble! on December 10, 2018, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: perrytrails on December 10, 2018, 01:39:38 PM
I've had 2 Fast Fire 3 sights. Both stopped working after hunting in the rain.

Both were replaced by Burris no questions asked.

Took over 3 months to get the second replacement. First was 8 weeks.

Each were sold when replaced with a new one.

Website says waterproof, not water resistant.

YMMV...

I do have a bushnell trs red dot going strong on a single shot 20 ga after 2 years.

Man I've been gone too long....
Last time I was around all I heard were good things on the FFs.
I've hunted in absolute down pours with mine and not had an issue.

I've hunted numerous times in the rain with mine. Two years ago, I was on a couple of gobblers and didn't want to leave. It rained torrents, enough that I had to completely disassemble my gun (SBE II). I mean recoil spring/magazine spring, trigger group, all of it and all of it was wet inside, real wet.
Fast Fire was just fine...

perrytrails

Quote from: sixbird on December 14, 2018, 04:43:42 PM

YMMV...

I do have a bushnell trs red dot going strong on a single shot 20 ga after 2 years.

I've hunted numerous times in the rain with mine. Two years ago, I was on a couple of gobblers and didn't want to leave. It rained torrents, enough that I had to completely disassemble my gun (SBE II). I mean recoil spring/magazine spring, trigger group, all of it and all of it was wet inside, real wet.

I hunted numerous times in the rain myself. You can see I'm not the only one with problems.

Burris replaced both sights that stopped working. Both stopped after hunting in the rain. I no longer own one.

I'm not doubting your experience whatsoever. Just stating mine...

As I said from the start ymmv...
That means

Your experience maybe different from mine...

Gobble!

Quote from: perrytrails on December 14, 2018, 06:30:57 PM

YMMV...

I hunted numerous times in the rain myself. You can see I'm not the only one with problems.

Burris replaced both sights that stopped working. Both stopped after hunting in the rain. I no longer own one.

That means

No ones calling you a liar. Just stating our own experiences. I think you will find more who talk highly about these sights than negatively. Sorry you had a bad experience.

perrytrails

Quote from: Gobble! on December 14, 2018, 11:24:21 PM
Quote from: perrytrails on December 14, 2018, 06:30:57 PM

YMMV...

That means

No ones calling you a liar. Just stating our own experiences. I think you will find more who talk highly about these sights than negatively. Sorry you had a bad experience.

I talked highly about mine after several years of hunting, recommended it to many people myself.

Just had some bad luck I guess, honestly wish I hadn't committed to start with.

Some people's feelings get hurt if you don't agree or share the same experiences they do.

It's all good ...

sixbird

Hey brutha'...Don't take my comments as hurt feelings or doubting your experience or anything but a contribution to a conversation.
As with any product, one can fail. That you had two fail, damn, I'd have issues about that product too. Don't blame you at all for that.
I guess it might seem like we're all piling on but I think it's more that we've all had good experiences with FF III.
There are a lot of good products out there. If one doesn't work, by all means try the next one without apology...
I had a bad experience with an archery release company that everybody liked (Tru Ball). The release was cutting string loops. When I asked for a replacement they did it with the same faulty release heads, twice. I later asked for another model, which they did, and charged me the difference. I guess that was o.k. but I had been round and round with them just to get the new heads. Mind you, every time the loops were cut, I had to retune my bow (Yeah, I know, I'm anal but that arrow had to go where I was aiming. The animal deserves that).
When they sent me the "new" releases, turns out one of them was used. I complained. They said too bad, can't do anything for you (and that was from the owner of the company).
Well, around the anniversary of that determination, every year for about 4 years, I'd go on Archery Talk and post about that experience. I know some people had good experience with that company. I didn't...I said so, every chance I got. I'm hoping they lost sales because of it.
So, yeah, if you have a bad experience with a company, say it, LOUD...
Like a previous poster said, sorry you had that experience and sorry it took Burris so long to replace them. That wasn't right...