OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast Fire 3

Started by HILBY72, November 27, 2018, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Guys I'm not getting this. For maybe 100-150 more you can get a great sight. Now you can use anything you want but the one I had showed no actual dot. It was kind of a comet looking thing. Spent over an hour trying to get the battery in. After 2nd shot it popped out. I took sight off and returned it.
Now saving money is smart but when guys spend money on multiple calls when they have just as many, prob some similar sounding, and still purchase 8-10 more this year is the sight not a good investment? After all a turkey wing and scratching leaves could prob call plenty in. An awful lot of birds have been called in w a Walmart special call for $5 they bought on clearance.
I understand the wanting cool wood or a new call or two or 10 but I'll just never get skimping on sights. You only need to but em once if they are good so is slightly more a big investment?
A buddy of mine years ago bought a decent rifle. He put some garbage tasco on it. It was a .223 so he figured he didn't need anything great. Ok so he goes out n misses a few. Seems the sight moved. I don't sight gun initially but did check it after he missed. The sight was all tight but idk why it kept walking. It didn't stop until he bought a better scope.
Years earlier. I shot at a deer, the cheap bushmell rear lens popped out. I missed that deer somehow but the lens fell out??
Idk guys I know fellows love the ff2. I'm actually a fan of the CO, I think their scopes are awesome and imo clearer than leupold so this is no dis on them. I'd never buy a ff2 again after seeing how fragile it seemed, how unclear the dot was and how the battery just was impossible to install than didn't stay installed. I thread things for a living so it wasn't me btw.
All the guys that live em, I hope they serve you well. Anyone else needs to consider both sides and than decide for themselves

Bowguy

Not to mention six dollars for one shell and that is after you spent all kinds of time oatterming a gun different sizes shot different chokes it just doesn't make sense to skip on site

sixbird

Never had a FF II and, like you said, opinions are just that, opinions. Everybody has their own and I have to respect that. BUT, to say FF III is somehow settling for something inferior, to me, is just not my experience and not the experience of the people I know who own them.
I'm of the school that you buy quality and, as you said, buy once. I'm with ya' there. Burris has a forever warranty which tells me they trust their products. They stand behind them, no questions, no registration, first owner, second owner, doesn't matter. That's a pretty solid warranty.
Bottom line is, my experience and the people I know who have FF III has been stellar. I wouldn't hesitate an instant to recommend them to anyone...
Eotech, with the military problems, and them lying about them...? I'll take a forever warranty and a no questions asked replacement.

Bowguy

It was a fastfire 3, I mistakenly wrote 2

3bailey3

Any of you guys that use the ff3 use the cover that comes with it?

3bailey3

And witch setting do y'all like, I kind of liking the medium

Cut N Run

Depends on the woods I hunt.  Most of the time I'm in timber and low works best, but in more open areas, I bump it up to medium.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Cove

I've got the FF2 and FF3. . . never had a moment's trouble out of either that was the sites fault. And they see a bit of use, and it's not always a smooth ride.

davisd9

If it has a battery then I have no desire to have it on my turkey gun.  Have heard good things and bad things about both.  It all comes down to personal opinion, but for me no thanks on any Fast Fire.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sixbird

Fast Fire III has a low battery indicator. It starts blinking when it's getting low. When it starts blinking you still have generous amount of time before it shuts off. Something like two hours or some such a number.
I always carry a spare in case It runs low, but a battery should last at least one season of hunting every day and still have quite a bit of life left.
As to the brightness setting, I prefer auto since light conditions change by the minute and the auto function compensates for that. If you set it early in the morning and the day brightens, you may pull up on that big ole gobbler and find you're having a difficult time seeing that dot. That means reaching up and making an adjustment at a critical juncture. The auto setting takes care of all of that for you...

Gobble!

That's a great price. Love my FF3.

perrytrails

I've had 2 Fast Fire 3 sights. Both stopped working after hunting in the rain.

Both were replaced by Burris no questions asked.

Took over 3 months to get the second replacement. First was 8 weeks.

Each were sold when replaced with a new one.

Website says waterproof, not water resistant.

YMMV...

I do have a bushnell trs red dot going strong on a single shot 20 ga after 2 years.

Gobble!

Quote from: perrytrails on December 10, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

Website says waterproof, not water resistant.

YMMV...

I do have a bushnell trs red dot going strong on a single shot 20 ga after 2 years.

Man I've been gone too long....
Last time I was around all I heard were good things on the FFs.
I've hunted in absolute down pours with mine and not had an issue.

perrytrails

I must have terrible luck.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: perrytrails on December 10, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

I've also had two go bad after 1.5 seasons of use each. Burris replaced within ~6 weeks. I sold the last one and bought a Vortex Venom.