turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pruning shears?

Started by turkeykiller22, November 04, 2018, 05:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Do you carry a set of small hand pruning shears when turkey hunting? If so, what do you use? Have you ever had a problem with them poking a hole in your vest?
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

HartClemson99

I like these:

https://ezkutproducts.com/product/ez-kut-ratchet-pruner/

I keep them in the sheath and keep them in my game bag on my vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

3bailey3

x2 they are a must for me!

hush

A must! Just be careful pruning in the dark! Always carry a bandage too! I did this one morning, this past spring, pruning a setup.

Sir-diealot

I don't care about the name brand, but I do like ones that ratchets as it makes it much easier to prune because of my hand problems. I also like one with a curved blade as opposed to a straight blade. I also have a set of the long wooden handled ones for getting stuff that is up high or in a hard to reach area.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

I carry a sheathed pair on my UTV. I have only used them a couple of times.

davisd9

Always carry a pair.  Never know when that one small piece of foliage blocks a shot or view.  Here are the ones I carry and for a BPS product they are of good quality.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redhead-tree-pruners
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Big Jeremy

Always have a pair with me. I bought a $12 pair at Wally World about 8 years ago after wishing several times that I had some. They have held up just fine, and work just like they did the day I bought them. I was able to modify a knife sheath to cover just the blades, and have never had a problem with them poking a hole in my vest.

wade

The first bird I ever killed I used pruning shears to cut a tunnel through briers, vines and saplings to get in the same field as him. So yes I don't go in the woods without them. Sewed a piece of nylon strap inside the pocket on my vest to prevent the hole from getting bigger. My first ones were the gardener type from Lowes. Now mine Primos brand. I've replaced 1 of the pivot rivets with a roll pin.
Do it outdoors

ctwny1

I use Florian ratch shears. Check them out   wwwfloridantool.com

eddie234

Tail Feathers

I often carry a pair of Gerbers in a nylon case.  Sure is handy for making up a quick natural blind where you need one.  They probably got me my Alabama turkey this year as it was early in the season and there was almost no brush to hide in till I made up a thin screen of cut limbs.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

daddyduke

I have a pair made by Fiskars that have worked very well over the years.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

dswmsn

As one fellow mentioned, "FLORIAN RATCHET PRUNERS", www.floriantools.com, are the absolute best money can buy, approx. $35, and are tough as nails. They are made in the USA and also have a lifetime guarantee. I have owned a couple of brands others mentioned here and they broke so easily that I would never waste my money on them again.

jryser

Quote from: dswmsn on November 07, 2018, 07:27:25 PM
As one fellow mentioned, "FLORIAN RATCHET PRUNERS", www.floriantools.com, are the absolute best money can buy, approx. $35, and are tough as nails. They are made in the USA and also have a lifetime guarantee. I have owned a couple of brands others mentioned here and they broke so easily that I would never waste my money on them again.
Ordered!  Thank u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk