OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hydration Bladder for Limbhanger

Started by KYFrid, August 17, 2018, 01:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYFrid

Have any of you with a limbhanger or a Dixon vest added a hydration bladder to it?

I'm looking to ditch the noisy water bottle next spring and I'm not sure which size to get.

Thanks,
Rob

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MissLouHunter

I use a collapsible water bottle, Vapur is the name brand. They also make a bladder too.

Sir-diealot

Are you wanting to know specifically about how they work with the Limbhanger or are you asking how they work in general? They can be quite nice (Hydration bladders in general) I bought myself a Camelbak this year with a 3 liter bladder and I love it. I bought a hydration bladder for my archery backpack from Bass Pro Shops and every one I have gotten from them (3 so far) have all leaked fresh out of the package) I have to find out if Camelbak makes one in any color other than blue. (Water tube I mean any color other than blue)
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Never carried for the bladders , i will just use water bottles ..... i can keep water bottles on ice and i sometimes freeze them also....  water bottles for me .....

Cut N Run

I use a 20 ounce thick plastic water bottle in my Limbhanger and it does all I need it to.  Never been a fan of bladders after one that leaked all down my backside.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Cove

I'll never hunt without a bladder again. I can't remember the name brand of mine (got it off Amazon) but I have had no issues with leaking. I can't handle a water bottle due to the noise and the awkward lump it makes in the bottom of my vest. Plus with the hose over my shoulder I tend to drink more (I forget to while hunting often). I had a velcro strap sewn into the top of my vest to thread through the top handle of the bladder to keep it upright in the bladder sleeve. I have the Alps vest though.

uarobert

Quote from: Cove on August 23, 2018, 09:57:35 AM
I'll never hunt without a bladder again. I can't remember the name brand of mine (got it off Amazon) but I have had no issues with leaking. I can't handle a water bottle due to the noise and the awkward lump it makes in the bottom of my vest. Plus with the hose over my shoulder I tend to drink more (I forget to while hunting often). I had a velcro strap sewn into the top of my vest to thread through the top handle of the bladder to keep it upright in the bladder sleeve. I have the Alps vest though.

When's that vest breakdown video coming Dave?
Just kidding, keep up the good work getting the hunts posted.
I am really curious to see what all you put on there, after all the hunts are up, though.

KYFrid

Thanks for the replies fellas.  I may go the amazon route Dave. Really trying to stay away from a bottle if I can help it.

Rob

Sir-diealot

Quote from: KYFrid on August 23, 2018, 05:02:06 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas.  I may go the amazon route Dave. Really trying to stay away from a bottle if I can help it.

Rob

This one has really good reviews and is the one I intend to get to go in my bow hunting backpack. They are out of stock until the 27th. Oh make sure the drink tube length is long enough for your needs. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DQSZB8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A394VDJPS5T36R
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Gamblinman

I use a Camelback 1 Liter in my Limbhanger. It has the large opening so I can pack ice and water in it.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gamblinman on August 26, 2018, 10:00:46 PM
I use a Camelback 1 Liter in my Limbhanger. It has the large opening so I can pack ice and water in it.
What color is the tube and is it shiny? I have a Camelbak but it has blue tube so I don't want to use it turkey hunting. Also the tube is shiny.

John Koenig:

NCL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 09:00:24 AM
What color is the tube and is it shiny? I have a Camelbak but it has blue tube so I don't want to use it turkey hunting. Also the tube is shiny.

The CamelBack I have came with a black neoprene tube that covers the blue drinking tube. Should add the unit is also camo so maybe that is why the tube is covered

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on August 27, 2018, 09:35:10 AM

The CamelBack I have came with a black neoprene tube that covers the blue drinking tube. Should add the unit is also camo so maybe that is why the tube is covered
Thank you, I will check the website again, did not see that there when I looked before but maybe I just missed it.

John Koenig:

Brad_Colvin

Electrical tape works wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Brad_Colvin on August 27, 2018, 04:18:21 PM
Electrical tape works wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

But what happens if my brain short circuits..... again?

John Koenig: