turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hydration Bladder for Limbhanger

Started by KYFrid, August 17, 2018, 01:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_Colvin

Lol can't help you there. In all seriousness you could take any type of material and make a sleeve for the tube. I have the Cabelas vest that came with a hydration bladder that was blue but came with a black sleeve. I have a smaller Camelback pack that I use when I don't wear my vest and I used electrical tape on it.
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 05:01:35 PM
Quote from: Brad_Colvin on August 27, 2018, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 09:00:24 AM
Quote from: Gamblinman on August 26, 2018, 10:00:46 PM
I use a Camelback 1 Liter in my Limbhanger. It has the large opening so I can pack ice and water in it.
What color is the tube and is it shiny? I have a Camelbak but it has blue tube so I don't want to use it turkey hunting. Also the tube is shiny.
Electrical tape works wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

But what happens if my brain short circuits..... again?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Brad_Colvin on August 27, 2018, 05:07:34 PM
Lol can't help you there. In all seriousness you could take any type of material and make a sleeve for the tube. I have the Cabelas vest that came with a hydration bladder that was blue but came with a black sleeve. I have a smaller Camelback pack that I use when I don't wear my vest and I used electrical tape on it.
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 05:01:35 PM
Quote from: Brad_Colvin on August 27, 2018, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 09:00:24 AM
Quote from: Gamblinman on August 26, 2018, 10:00:46 PM
I use a Camelback 1 Liter in my Limbhanger. It has the large opening so I can pack ice and water in it.
What color is the tube and is it shiny? I have a Camelbak but it has blue tube so I don't want to use it turkey hunting. Also the tube is shiny.
Electrical tape works wonders.

But what happens if my brain short circuits..... again?

If I do not get that other one I posted above I may well do that. I got the camel back because I was using bug spray and decided I did not want that smell all over my hunting backpack. My uncle turned me onto a site called REI and I was able to get a model that was 2 years older but still brand new for almost half the price of the same model for this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 17, 2018, 03:33:32 PM
Are you wanting to know specifically about how they work with the Limbhanger or are you asking how they work in general? They can be quite nice (Hydration bladders in general) I bought myself a Camelbak this year with a 3 liter bladder and I love it. I bought a hydration bladder for my archery backpack from Bass Pro Shops and every one I have gotten from them (3 so far) have all leaked fresh out of the package) I have to find out if Camelbak makes one in any color other than blue. (Water tube I mean any color other than blue)
They make a neoprene sleeve that'll cover ur tube. Or, if ur so inclined, a sharpie will eliminate that blue "shine". Turkeys won't care. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wvmntnhick on August 27, 2018, 09:15:05 PM
Are you wanting to know specifically about how they work with the Limbhanger or are you asking how they work in general? They can be quite nice (Hydration bladders in general) I bought myself a Camelbak this year with a 3 liter bladder and I love it. I bought a hydration bladder for my archery backpack from Bass Pro Shops and every one I have gotten from them (3 so far) have all leaked fresh out of the package) I have to find out if Camelbak makes one in any color other than blue. (Water tube I mean any color other than blue)
They make a neoprene sleeve that'll cover ur tube. Or, if ur so inclined, a sharpie will eliminate that blue "shine". Turkeys won't care. Trust me.

I will look into the neoprene sleeve, I once laid down with two speakers that a friend had colored with red, blue and black marker on either ear and when I reattached the speakers back to the boom box I walked out to talk to some friends and it looked like somebody had beaten me black, blue and red. It stayed that way for about a week. Thank you for the suggestion but I will leave the marker to you. lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

I will look into the neoprene sleeve, I once laid down with two speakers that a friend had colored with red, blue and black marker on either ear and when I reattached the speakers back to the boom box I walked out to talk to some friends and it looked like somebody had beaten me black, blue and red. It stayed that way for about a week. Thank you for the suggestion but I will leave the marker to you. lol
If u let it dry it truly works. But, electrical tape would cover it as well. I'd almost bet that the no-mar camo gun rape would work too.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wvmntnhick on August 27, 2018, 09:56:50 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 27, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

If u let it dry it truly works. But, electrical tape would cover it as well. I'd almost bet that the no-mar camo gun rape would work too.

I will look into the tape.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

Bolandstrutters

I wouldn't want it much longer.  Pretty much just needs to get over your shoulder and you just turn your head and get a drink.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bolandstrutters on August 28, 2018, 04:27:19 PM
I wouldn't want it much longer.  Pretty much just needs to get over your shoulder and you just turn your head and get a drink.
The way my pack is you need a longer one, 44 inches if I remember right.

John Koenig: