only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My opinion on call sales!

Started by fatmo, June 27, 2018, 12:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatmo

Remove

Pooh4459

Im sorry but I disagree.  I dont think this affects the makers prices at all. How many people you think are really out there that are willing to pay those prices? You really think if Paul Platz opened his list back up and was selling his pots for $350 that he would have a three or four year waiting list? I dont. He would sell a few and that would be it.  I also dont thank somebody gets on a two or three-year list puts up their $200 just to make maybe 45 or $50 profit. Either way it's their item to sell for whatever they want to don't get mad at them because someone's willing to pay it. They're the ones that waited on that long list, they're the ones that bought the item and its theirs to do with whatever they want. Why would they sell it for less than they can get for it.

Spitten and drummen

Hate to tell you , but a person can sell his property for whatever he wants. You have the option to not buy and move on. I own rental property and have calls to rent it all the time. When asked how much , I have had a couple say that what I wanted was to high and that they could only afford this amount. This drives me insane. It is your choice to pay it or not. if you cannot afford it , move on.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Pooh4459

Also if I really want  a call I have no problem paying $40-$50 extra bucks for it if theres a 2-3 year wait on it to skip the wait and get it now. Thats 3 hunting seasons you can have it and chances are in 3 years the price will be higher anyways.

davisd9

I agree hunters and call collectors are shooting themselves in the foot with the prices being thrown around, but it is their property and they can sell it for what they want. I have already seen/heard ridiculous prices because call makers have seen what people are paying, and I do not blame them. It is a shame that calls are losing their allure because of greed, but I guess that goes along with the direction Turkey Hunting is going in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: davisd9 on June 27, 2018, 08:50:47 AM
I agree hunters and call makers are shooting themselves in the foot with the prices being thrown around, but it is their property and they can sell it for what they want. I have already seen/heard ridiculous prices because call makers have seen what people are paying, and I do not blame them. It is a shame that calls are losing their allure because of greed, but I guess that goes along with the direction Turkey Hunting is going in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well said.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

I'm thinking the the calls in General are slowly spiraling out of control
It's like who can AFORD what 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Turkz39

This is always gonna be a question for people with all materialistic things, and even more questions with custom built items like cars ,scopes  cloths , boots,turkey calls, houses ,guns, camo etc,,  the fact of the matter is any item is worth whatever any individual is willing to pay,,  some people are willing to pay more for things than others...10 people that are not willing to pay for an itme are never gonna change one persons mind that's willing to pay...  If a person can buy something and that's what makes them happy...  then buy it!  The fact is custom built turkey calls have always been bought traded and resold for more or less than they were purchased for...we can't control how much money someone is asking for an item or how much someone else is willing to pay.... just my opinion

Happy hooker

Why do they call people who sell tickets for more then face value,,scalpers???

Pooh4459

The only way it will change is when people stop paying it. Dont get mad at someone for getting what someone will pay. Someone wants to pay me $1000 more for my car Im not going to turn them down because I paid less and neither would any of you. I dont know why people look at turkey calls differently then any other goods. Like I said before makers can raise there prices but I think they will find that theres not enough people out there willing to pay those crazy prices and they will start to slow down after those few are taken care of. The only thing that keeps these prices so high is the wait and difficulty to get them to begin with.

FL-Boss

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2018, 08:28:59 AM
Hate to tell you , but a person can sell his property for whatever he wants. You have the option to not buy and move on. I own rental property and have calls to rent it all the time. When asked how much , I have had a couple say that what I wanted was to high and that they could only afford this amount. This drives me insane. It is your choice to pay it or not. if you cannot afford it , move on.

Exactly ... I don't understand why so many guys get upset with calls prices...simple supply and demand, no different than anything else. There are plenty of impatient guys out there with lots of cash to burn... if that's what they want to spend it on.. good for them! 

Yelper

I didn't see a call listed for sale or trade? All I see here are a bunch of opinion's that should be placed in a different location. Keep the classifieds for what it is meant to be used for. I see Shannon removing this option from us if this keeps up.

Quote from: fatmo on June 27, 2018, 12:22:55 AM
When you purchase a call and are put on a waiting, then as soon as it arrives you mark it up to make a profit. This not only adds to the waiting list of others that truly love the call itself (Waiting list of 3-5 pages) This also gets the artist to start thinking, "Why can't I get the $300.00?"..  This practice is a habit of this person and has been done several times!! (FACT) A call that costs $225.00 -$240.00 should not be resold for $300.00, just to make a profit!!!! Shipping is not that much, sorry!  This kind of practice doesn't go unseen from the artist at all!!!!  (FACT)

Greg Massey

Quote from: Yelper on June 27, 2018, 11:07:40 AM
I didn't see a call listed for sale or trade? All I see here are a bunch of opinion's that should be placed in a different location. Keep the classifieds for what it is meant to be used for. I see Shannon removing this option from us if this keeps up.

Quote from: fatmo on June 27, 2018, 12:22:55 AM
When you purchase a call and are put on a waiting, then as soon as it arrives you mark it up to make a profit. This not only adds to the waiting list of others that truly love the call itself (Waiting list of 3-5 pages) This also gets the artist to start thinking, "Why can't I get the $300.00?"..  This practice is a habit of this person and has been done several times!! (FACT) A call that costs $225.00 -$240.00 should not be resold for $300.00, just to make a profit!!!! Shipping is not that much, sorry!  This kind of practice doesn't go unseen from the artist at all!!!!  (FACT)
x2

KYHeadhunter02

FYI Shannon is very close to removing the classifieds or put very strict rules in place. If he does, no one will have to worry about bickering over what someone else prices a call for or debating what a call is worth. He's getting tired of this crap. I don't like to speak for someone else, but I would hate to lose those privileges. There is no other site out there like OG. All the other sites are full of advertisements and modetators and just plain junk. This is the BEST site dedicated to turkey hunting hands down AND it is 100 percent FREE. There isn't to many things that are free anymore. All he asks of us is to remain drama free and be respectful to others!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Most certainly do not want to lose the classifieds here. Best there is.  Hopefully some will calm down from the season withdrawals.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer