OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My opinion on call sales!

Started by fatmo, June 27, 2018, 12:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 27, 2018, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: Yelper on June 27, 2018, 11:07:40 AM
I didn't see a call listed for sale or trade? All I see here are a bunch of opinion's that should be placed in a different location. Keep the classifieds for what it is meant to be used for. I see Shannon removing this option from us if this keeps up.

Quote from: fatmo on June 27, 2018, 12:22:55 AM
When you purchase a call and are put on a waiting, then as soon as it arrives you mark it up to make a profit. This not only adds to the waiting list of others that truly love the call itself (Waiting list of 3-5 pages) This also gets the artist to start thinking, "Why can't I get the $300.00?"..  This practice is a habit of this person and has been done several times!! (FACT) A call that costs $225.00 -$240.00 should not be resold for $300.00, just to make a profit!!!! Shipping is not that much, sorry!  This kind of practice doesn't go unseen from the artist at all!!!!  (FACT)
x2
X3 !!!    Move on. This is crazy, anyone has a right to post a price and anyone has a right to buy of not buy. This is America not Russia. I back Shannon 1,000%    :TrainWreck1:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Happy hooker

Flounder

Flipping is what it's called and we all know it don't last forever.
This is what creates a market that is not in equalimbrum.
But when demand exceeds supply values increase. Eventually supply will cease and it will be in the suppliers hands to make more calls and determine the price and the amount of goods he produces.
This will be the interesting part.
It's just the way the market is.
Flounder

Pooh4459

This thing just going to keep going?

fatmo

removed

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fatmo on June 27, 2018, 09:32:07 PM

Flipping is what it's called and we all know it don't last forever.
This is what creates a market that is not in equalimbrum.
But when demand exceeds supply values increase. Eventually supply will cease and it will be in the suppliers hands to make more calls and determine the price and the amount of goods he produces.
This will be the interesting part.
It's just the way the market is.

In my world its called scalping!!!
Because you are not the one doing the flipping.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Pooh4459 on June 27, 2018, 08:58:32 PM
This thing just going to keep going?
Man I hope not, it's getting old.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Agree , guys ... please let this die ..... it's old and it's getting older....

boatpaddle

You can thank the folks on EBAY, who started this mess of paying extra extra on calls....

Supply & demand dictates the prices.... If you want something bad enough, you'll pay it...

Callmakers send calls to Nashville to be judged.....The big winners raise your prices, most of the time....Not always, but most do....just saying..

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Sir-diealot

Quote from: boatpaddle on June 27, 2018, 09:57:38 PM
You can thank the folks on EBAY, who started this mess of paying extra extra on calls....

Supply & demand dictates the prices.... If you want something bad enough, you'll pay it...

Callmakers send calls to Nashville to be judged.....The big winners raise your prices, most of the time....Not always, but most do....just saying..

Blaming eBay for the price of calls is like blaming Barrett-Jackson for the price of cars. :D

John Koenig:

boatpaddle

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 27, 2018, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: boatpaddle on June 27, 2018, 09:57:38 PM

Blaming eBay for the price of calls is like blaming Barrett-Jackson for the price of cars. :D
Thanks for your insight....

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Spitten and drummen

these threads keep going , Shannon will close down the classifieds. I enjoy them as many others do , so let this die please guys.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 28, 2018, 10:48:14 AM
these threads keep going , Shannon will close down the classifieds. I enjoy them as many others do , so let this die please guys.

+1